Old 05-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #1

Levelling Jacks on Georgetown 360

http://www.equalizersystems.com/docu...s%20(2010).pdf

I notice from some of the posts that some mh's came with Lippert levellers.
Ours has the above units and the ignition must be off to level. After the rig is parked for a day or two I always have to hit the retract button as one or more of the jacks must sag down just enough to trigger the system. Any thought on why this is happening.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #2

Jacks on 360

Hey guy, Copsuno here.
Yep, got equalizer Jacks on mine, also your slides are Equalizer also. I have not had a problem with jacks seeping down yet. Longest time on jacks 2.5 days. BTW you probably noticed that a safety feature is if you forget jacks, when engine is running and you take parking brake off, Jacks retract.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #3

ok good to know. I was not aware of that feature. Man there is a lot of stuff they don't tell you when you buy these things. I suspect mine have some air in the line and I see the fluid is only at half instead of the recommended three quarters full so I will add some and cycle them few times and see if that solves the problem.
Thanks
Old 05-18-2011, 06:30 AM   #4

Polkatronron,
How do you check the fluid level? The hydraulics for my jacks and my main slide are located behind a carpeted box in one of the storage compartments on the driver's side. Is there a gauge or fluid check in there somewhere?
Thanks,
Sterling All-Terrain Tow Bar - SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
Do What You Like - Like What You Do!
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:12 AM   #5

Fluid level for jacks

Your Jacks fluid container is plastic and located behind your steps, to me not an ideal place but there any way, white plastic jug, visual level of fluid.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Be sure your slides and levelers are retracted before checking your fluid level. Otherwise it will overflow when you retract them. Air sounds like the issue but be sure to check around all of your connections for any leakage. I have the Lippert System and one of my front levelers had a slight leak that took days to show up once I wiped the fluid away. Dealers couldn't see it but I could once it was parked at my house for a few days. Eventually I took it apart and sealed the threads at the top, reinstalled it and had to cycle the system about 4 times and then checked my fluid level. It hasn't dripped a drop since. Only lost about a coffee cup amount of fluid during the whole process.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #7

Exactly, remove the entrance steps and you will have access to the pump..the steps come out easy and everthing is in plain view...the tank is clear so you can see the liquid.. you must use Dexron 111 transmission fluid if you need to top it off but do not fill it more than three quarters full.