Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2018, 11:26 AM   #1

LG Residential Fridge

Question for any Georgetown owners with the residential fridge, have you had any issues with the fridge? What type of issues? Have you had any trouble getting it covered by the warranty?
clintonb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #2

22 cuft Frigidaire...no issues since new. Works great and uses reasonable power. The only problem is that it makes the reefers in our sticks and bricks home look puny and dumb and they are big GE Profile units. I would recommend the Frigidaire with no reservations.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonb12 View Post
Question for any Georgetown owners with the residential fridge, have you had any issues with the fridge? What type of issues? Have you had any trouble getting it covered by the warranty?
Mine came with the Frigidaire fridge. It dis not work at all when we got the coach. Was told to take the coach, dealer corporate new about it and would contact us about a fix. After contacting them they said it was Frigidaire's problem. Long story short it went to dealer to have them remove it and have Frigidaire on scene to service it. That took 3 months of negotiating and 2, 6 hour round trips to the dealer. On a side note Frigidaire did send a tech to my home but could not service the fridge unless it was removed from the cabinet and he would not do that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forest River Forums mobile app
KEliasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:36 AM   #4

Well, there you go. Now we are at 50%! I know there are lots of res units in Georgetowns that use Frigidaire...

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #5

Thanks for the reply, did your coach come with the Frigidaire?

I bought a 2017 335DS and it has an LG residential fridge.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:38 AM   #6

Mine came with the Frigidaire. I heard that because of the problems with them forest river switched to LG. Also ice maker in Frigidaire tends to cause leaks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 05-09-2018, 12:38 PM   #7

Ours is the Frigidaire. Or icemaker had a small crack in the ice tray which caused it to leak a small amount of water. Replaced the ice maker, about 50 bucks and all is well, easy fix. We have had it for over 5 years. Love it and would buy it again.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:02 AM   #8

Our 2016 Georgetown 329 came with the LG fridge and it was DOA. We had to wait in Alvorado, TX for a new mother board to come in to get it fixed. Then we had to drag it out into the middle of the floor because LG repair man wouldn't work on it unless it was accessible. Finally got it fixed and it has been working since. The ice maker has never worked right. It dispenses ice for awhile then gets clogged up. I just go into the door and "harvest" the ice by taking out the ice bin and dumping it into a plastic bit in the freezer drawer. As for the water dispenser, it has so much pressure it will blast water out of a glass every time unless the glass is held close and at just the right angle. We have learned to love the fridge, though, because of the immense storage capacity, both in the fridge and freezer compartments. As for the SS finish, it's already showing signs of discoloration. Any suggestions on how to bring back that shiny SS finish?
flynfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:08 AM   #9

Find some stainless steel cleaner spray. Any cleaning section should have it. Or in the BBQ store . They sell it to clean the grills
Old 05-11-2018, 08:32 AM   #10

My LG has been a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The ice maker worked for about the first year then it stopped. I took it in for repair and the dealer said it was just a clogged filter, come to find out they didn't even replace the filter. Now with a new filter it will make one try of ice but does not dump it. I have to hold the reset button for it to dump the ice then it fill the tray again.

Also, my freezer temperature will raise to above freezing for no reason and defrost all my food and melt what little ice I do have. I took it in to have that serviced too, I told the dealership what happens and when they look at it that it could be working fine and they need to find out why the temp increases. When I picked it up they said they didn't do anything because the temp was fine when they looked at it.

I am having a LG serviceman come to my house next week to look at it.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:09 PM   #11

While driving to your destination do you drive with the fridge on? Has anybody ever recommended that you don't?
Old 05-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #12

Quote:
While driving to your destination do you drive with the fridge on? Has anybody ever recommended that you don't?
My question would be, why.
If for some reason I forgot to turn it back on after stopping, and not plugging into shore power, then things might spoil.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:45 PM   #13

I have a 2017 364TS and LF Frig 22 1] cubic feet holds a ton of stuff never a problem. I have 12,000 miles since last July 2017. Love it Good Luck.
Dennis King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:00 PM   #14

Our LG fridge has made a loud rattling noise since the day we picked up the motorhome in TX. Thankfully it has always worked without issue but it has taken months of research and trips to dealers and finally getting an LG tech to look at it before the noise was properly diagnosed.

Basically the tech said this fridge has a linear compressor that when on gets shifted out of place when driving and in particular going around corners. It does self correct so the noise/rattling is not constant but it is loud and doesn't sound good. The tech also said that this issue would most likely reduce the life span of the fridge and didn't think this model was appropriate for a motorhome because of the type of compressor used. He also recommended that to not hear the noise we shouldn't drive with the fridge on which defeats the purpose of having the fridge in the first place.

We have been dealing with Forest River for almost a year and they finally put us in contact with the LG rep the factory deals with he stated that "all these fridges make that noise and it was normal and not to worry as we have a 10 year warranty on the compressor".

What is interesting to me is that with all the models sold with these LG fridges we seem to be the only one with this issue. I have searched the forum for anyone else with this issue and nothing. I have had the RV at multiple dealers and talked to other owners I see and no one has this issue or even heard of it.

We are still dealing with forest river/LG to get this issue resolved and are hoping it will soon...but it has been a year already.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:13 PM   #15

We've got a 2017 CC 36CK2 with an LG residential fridge. We leave it and the inverter on while going down the road and so far no problems. By the way, the inverter and 2 batteries so far have kept up with a 12 hr travel day - no issue...

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsykora View Post
We've got a 2017 CC 36CK2 with an LG residential fridge. We leave it and the inverter on while going down the road and so far no problems. By the way, the inverter and 2 batteries so far have kept up with a 12 hr travel day - no issue...
My bad - we have a Whirlpool Fridge, not an LG.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:14 AM   #17

Quote:
Our LG fridge has made a loud rattling noise since the day we picked up the motorhome in TX. Thankfully it has always worked without issue but it has taken months of research and trips to dealers and finally getting an LG tech to look at it before the noise was properly diagnosed.

Basically the tech said this fridge has a linear compressor that when on gets shifted out of place when driving and in particular going around corners. It does self correct so the noise/rattling is not constant but it is loud and doesn't sound good. The tech also said that this issue would most likely reduce the life span of the fridge and didn't think this model was appropriate for a motorhome because of the type of compressor used. He also recommended that to not hear the noise we shouldn't drive with the fridge on which defeats the purpose of having the fridge in the first place.

We have been dealing with Forest River for almost a year and they finally put us in contact with the LG rep the factory deals with he stated that "all these fridges make that noise and it was normal and not to worry as we have a 10 year warranty on the compressor".

What is interesting to me is that with all the models sold with these LG fridges we seem to be the only one with this issue. I have searched the forum for anyone else with this issue and nothing. I have had the RV at multiple dealers and talked to other owners I see and no one has this issue or even heard of it.

We are still dealing with forest river/LG to get this issue resolved and are hoping it will soon...but it has been a year already.
You should not be experiencing this type of sound issue. Be stern that the problem noise is addressed and remedied. Be polite and stand your ground when talking to any warranty person. (Being polite and understanding is key to warranty repair), Most of all don't accept the fact that this is due to it being in a motorhome.
Linear compressors are not revolutionary but are now being perfected to work with great effecentcy and longevity.
It sounds like something is not fastened down, whether it is in the compressor or maybe a refrigerant line.
I don't believe it would be in the compressor itself without hearing it myself.
These inverter linear compressors are a life changing item for small appliances and why they are now used in RV's.
We will probably see them replacing the scroll type compressors in residential homes in the near future.
Please keep us informed with the outcome of your issue.

Tags
fridge