Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #1

Lippert control problem/questions

Hope someone can help. Trying to manually level the coach tonight. Lowered the jacks fine then discovered I needed to raise the front more, so I raised all the jacks. As they came up, all the coach lights flickered and dimmed. Jacks would not go down after that, so I reset the breakers and tried again. I can hear the pump but the jacks will not extend and the lights flickered and dimmed again, even without the jacks extending.

I was afraid after that the slides would not extend, but they seem to work fine.

Any suggestions? I'm really frustrated with this system!
swlovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:03 PM   #2

Can you retract the jacks?
Old 11-20-2014, 11:10 PM   #3

yes, the jacks retracted. When they reached the top, the coach lights flickered too. But they are currently up.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:13 PM   #4

I printed the troubleshooting guide and will try to reset it tomorrow. Not really sure what error to reset, but I can try them all. I also need to check the fluid levels in the morning. maybe it's low.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:28 AM   #5

Make sure you have the engine running when using the jacks, that way there is not much draw on the batteries once the MH is level then turn ignition off and then the slide outs.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:34 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair View Post
Make sure you have the engine running when using the jacks, that way there is not much draw on the batteries once the MH is level then turn ignition off and then the slide outs.
X2
I always thought with the generator running or plugged into shore power would be enough but without engine running mine will trip the breaker.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:12 AM   #7

The engine was running, parking brake set. All the usual. they extended then I retracted and tried to extend again. I think it's possessed! I've had problems from the beginning with this system. I REFUSE to accept that it might be user error!!
Old 11-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #8

we had a problem with ours - very similar. It ended up being that the motor for the jacks was having a short that tripped the circuit breaker. We reset the circuit breaker, ran through all the resets in the troubleshooting guide and finally gave up and took it to the dealer. After about 3 days of troubleshooting, they figured out the motor was causing a short - the whole thing had to be replaced (under warranty)
It took a few weeks to order, so we just didn't have any leveling jacks for a few camping trips.
They've been trouble free since then.

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote