Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #1

Lippert Elec/Hydraulic leveling jacks and Slideout Sys

In March I bought a used 2007 35' Georgetown. I love it, runs great no problems so far but...

The Lippert manual for my slides and jacks says to check the fluid level every month.

Can anyone please tell me where it is located and what kind of fluid does it use?

Thanks,
Chuck
Chuck1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #2

You never told us what model you have so all I can do is suggest a few locations.

1. If you have a larger 38 ft model you need to remove the inside steps at your entry door with the round key. This is where the house batteries are also as well as the hydraulic system.

2. The next location (drivers side) as I have been told is behind the propane tank and may be covered with a black plastic cover.

3. This one you would have spotted already but the older models have them up front in the engine compartment/hood area.

Hope this helps you.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:55 PM   #3

On my georgetown they are in the compartment to the left of the steps with the 2 house batteries and the hydraulic pump.
LBSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:44 AM   #4

For most hydraulic systems they recommend dextron 3 automatic transmission fluid
Check your manual to confirm
gpci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:33 AM   #5

Lippert ATF recommendations.
I use the cheap Walmart ATF Type A and have used it since new.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	182796  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:10 PM   #6

Hydrailic on my 34' 2005 is in one of the drivers side compartments. have to unscrew a carpeted panel to access
irondog1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:37 PM   #7

See attached LIP Sheet 0291
mbtelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #8

Sorry missed the attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf LIP Sheet 0291-Hydraulic-Fluid-Recommendation.pdf (83.8 KB, 81 views)
mbtelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:51 AM   #9

Just an FYI.....after looking under my Georgetown when I was just inspecting things, I noticed the hydraulic lines were they ran through the hole in the frame rail to the jack were rubbing on the sharp edge of the hole. There was a nick already on one hose from this. The RV was only 4 months old. Suggest checking this. I used zip ties to pull back the hose to where it was not touching the frame.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclinton View Post
Just an FYI.....after looking under my Georgetown when I was just inspecting things, I noticed the hydraulic lines were they ran through the hole in the frame rail to the jack were rubbing on the sharp edge of the hole. There was a nick already on one hose from this. The RV was only 4 months old. Suggest checking this. I used zip ties to pull back the hose to where it was not touching the frame.
Inspections are good! I found the cables running to the emergency start switch on our 3051S pulled tight and rubbing against the vehicle frame. Forest River techs installed some protective covering at the rally last year. I also rerouted the wires on the Big Foot jacks that were hanging low and just asking to be snagged on something.

Tags
hydraulic, jacks, leveling, slide