Old 06-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
Lippert electronic leveling system

I have a 2012 Georgetown 28ODS and the leveling jacks will not go down. The unit is on a level spot. At one point all the lights on the left side were on even when I was traveling! I have been trying to find the problem myself but with no luck. At one point only the "rear" light ( in the diamond) was on. There seems to be pressure. Any ideas or steps to take. Have followed the manual's prodecure but nothing.

ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Two things to offer........

When travelling I make sure to turn "OFF" the entire Lippert system. I don't see a reason to have it powered while driving down the road.

For the jacks to deploy..........make sure you activate the parking brake FIRMLY. Sometimes you might not have pressed the pedal down far/hard enough.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
Do your slides work ok? I had the same problem but with the jacks and slides. The dealer overfilled the systems and caused the pump motor to self-distruct. I called Lippert customer service and they were great. In fact, I took the unit to Goshen and they replaced the motor in a couple of hours.
MGOBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
Ken and Terry were correct that you should turn off the leveling system when you are moving. I assume that your engine was running and your parking brake engaged when you tried to lower the jacks. Have you checked the reservoir and the hoses? Is there fluid? The Georgetowns have had a problem with the orange hoses blistering. Does the pump motor run? As for the slides, the slides on the 280DS are electric and not associated with the jacks or the hydraulic pump.

Gary Shapiro, 2011 Georgetown 29' Class A
Dash, Molly & Lily - now at the Bridge and forever in my heart
Shadow - 4-year-old Greyhound
Hannah - 1 1/2-year-old GSD rescue
dashonthedash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Red face leveling jacks

thanks for help. It turned out to be the motor in the hydraulic system. RV tech has removed and new one ordered. Interestingly, I took apart the old motor and the brushes were wore and locked except for one. a local business said that it was not a new motor to begin with! We are in negotiations with Lippert now.
ming is offline   Reply With Quote