Old 07-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #21
I thought my water heater was gas only until someone on this forum suggested I look at the heater outside for a switch. Also found a breaker on the breaker panel. Aha! Gas AND electric...

PS My selling dealer was clueless and thought it was gas only ...

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #22
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Wildhog56 Thanks for the tip. I'll look, or have the salesman check out. Based my opinion only on the inside control panel that appeared to operate gas only, and subsequent reply by the salesman that it was gas only.
" from bulges in Hydraulic hoses" "As I posted on another thread, just went to look at a 2011 GT 330TS last night that DW and I have a deposit on. Because of this forum, I sought out the location of the hydraulic pump (thought it would be under the hood like my Tiffin) found it under the stairs. Very obvious that the orange line was blistered, without using even a flashlight. Lines are stamped with Eaton. Salesman said he would look into it with service today. Did not look closely at the hydraulic pump which from this and another thread on this forum seems to be as big of an issue (with Hyd. Fluid) getting into the motor windings. Between the two issues, seriously considering canceling my deposit on the 330 and perhaps Forest River in general"

Just to clear the waves, Braking in a Ford F-53 is hard until you learn to use it. When you're pilot of 11-12 tons of rolling stock its differnt than the 14000 # chassis I had previously.
The hydraulic design and supply is Lippert or LCI products.
Niether mjg controls Forest River or should be used to judge against FR. Many RV mfg's use Ford and Lippert controls. I don't think you should get a false sense of security by changing to another RV mfg. , paying more just to find its on a Ford Chassis with Lippert Hydraulics!
If you take this coach, by all means insist Lippert and FR make good on the repairs, pumps, hoses etc. They have been repairing a coulple fo years out, but only to orig. owners. Maybe they'll help the dealer otherwise I agree its time to walk The original owner didn't know and it hasn't had a second owner yet. Tough choice, aftr inspecting 1000+ RV units at the Hershey RV show, we liked the FR the best! (Largest show iin the world) Aren't ya glad you inspected 1st?

VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #23
Spoke with a few techs today at the factory, they say they are aware of the problem. They say the problem is the hoses were not pressure tested. They also say that they now are and that they will replace and repair if needed.
armye7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #24
Originally Posted by armye7 View Post
Spoke with a few techs today at the factory, they say they are aware of the problem. They say the problem is the hoses were not pressure tested. They also say that they now are and that they will replace and repair if needed.
When you say factory, I assume you were referring to FR, right (not Eaton)?

To VinceU's point, FR will not cover the labor of the replacement hoses (~$800+) if you are not the original owner.
lochsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #25
My 2010 GT 378 now has fluid coming out of the Made in China slide out hydraulic motor. Just one more thing added to my 3 page list. Forest River must break out champagne when one is sold and when the one year warranty ends.

MattM is offline   Reply With Quote