Old 08-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #11
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergeod View Post
No mistake guys, Call Lippert if you think I'm feeding wrong info. I have been having a problem with the motor not shutting off and no green light so I'v been talking to tech at Lippert to fix my problem and it takes 2170 psi to trip the pressure switch.
Well they should know - 2170 psi it is.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:25 AM   #12

Here is my opinion on the orange hoses backed by 25 years of working on mobile hydraulics. I see a lot of this kind of failure on all sorts of equipment using dc power units just like the ones that run your jacks and slides. The hoses the factory are using are cheep junk so even if they are free replacement then all you have is free junk and likely to do the same thing. IMO find a shop that knows what they are doing and replace hoses with ones rated SAE 100R2 and if you want the best make sure they are using either gates hose or weatherhead hose.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:19 PM   #13

Smile Orange Hose Replacement

I decided to go ahead and replace the orange hoses on my own. As the second owner of my 2011 300s, it seemed unlikely I would get them easily from Forest River or Lippert
I got the hoses from Princess Auto's hydraulic shop (Princess Auto in Canada is similar to Harbor Freight in the USA). I needed 47 feet of hose and 8 fittings. Princess Auto makes the hoses for free when you buy the parts. The cost was $144.00. The hose is 1/4", and the new hose is rated at 6,000 psi (orange hose is 2,750 psi). The fittings are #4 ORFS.
I lowered the jacks, thinking that once I released the pressure they would drop. Replacement took about 5 hours, and was pretty easy. There was no real pressure relief when I loosened the fittings. I used less than a 1/2 litre of ATF to top off the tank. The jacks work great and self bleed.
Job done!
leomosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #14

I own a 2011 378. After my warranty was long over I noticed the bubble hoses. I contacted FR and they sent me all new hoses with an hour allowance for each hose.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomosley View Post
I decided to go ahead and replace the orange hoses on my own. As the second owner of my 2011 300s, it seemed unlikely I would get them easily from Forest River or Lippert
I got the hoses from Princess Auto's hydraulic shop (Princess Auto in Canada is similar to Harbor Freight in the USA). I needed 47 feet of hose and 8 fittings. Princess Auto makes the hoses for free when you buy the parts. The cost was $144.00. The hose is 1/4", and the new hose is rated at 6,000 psi (orange hose is 2,750 psi). The fittings are #4 ORFS.
I lowered the jacks, thinking that once I released the pressure they would drop. Replacement took about 5 hours, and was pretty easy. There was no real pressure relief when I loosened the fittings. I used less than a 1/2 litre of ATF to top off the tank. The jacks work great and self bleed.
Job done!
Glad to see you got it done and hope it works well for you.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:00 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Glad to see you got it done and hope it works well for you.

howdy: I just went threw this stuff with forest river and talked to Justin Williams. and had a guy here in Oregon replace all my orange hoses with a total of 1882.00 I know that's high but I needed it done before we left in a week. They would not pay for at least the hoses that were 776.00 because I didn't send hoses back they never told me that or I would have, now aim having problems with steps now I will not call them they have treated me unfair, be careful how you do this stuff with them.my coach was built in march of 2011 and they called it 2012.justin said my coach had the new hoses and I asked him why mine failed no answer, and I sent him pictures of all bad hoses. Pete
Old 08-25-2014, 01:58 PM   #17

Pete, I don't quite understand, are you going to contact them about the steps, or are you not because you don't feel you were fairly treated with the hydraulic lines?
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:42 AM   #18

sherman12 howdy: I will not contact forest river on steps they didn't help me on orangs hoses so why should I call them on steps, I call them on orange hoses and they told me to get it fixed and send a bill and I did that. I talked to kevin stration first,and then they switched me over to Justin Williams and he talked to his boss and they said no.so I have a hard time calling them on my steps that are going out. wow what a ordeal. Pete
Old 08-26-2014, 09:20 AM   #19

petey, thanks for the clarification. I can understand your frustration with FR. I've been dealing with Kevin Stratton since June regarding my steps, went to order them yesterday following his directions and when I got to parts the price was a hundred dollars more plus the need of the door magnet which Stratton never mentioned was a separate part. Guy at parts gave me the name of Stratton's boss and I put a call into him, still waiting for a return call as of this morning.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:31 AM   #20

Good luck on a call back,I have been waiting three weeks for one,hasn't happened yet..

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks