Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2014, 10:31 AM   #1

Lippert Level System Help

Need some help please. New to levelers but cannot answer in forum or on Lippert site.

Had trouble with system leveling correctly in auto mode. Leveled in Manual mode but system lights were still staying on.

So, I rezeroed the system, now system seems to level but I still have lights staying on. Specifically the left light and the green LCI.

Before rezeoing LCI and Back lights stayed on.

Any ideas?
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:55 AM   #2

Ive never liked the auto level and use manual. The auto is like breaking in a bronco.
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

bigben........

Trying to understand your problem here. Is the RV level now using the auto system but you're concerned with the fact that a few lights remain on?

I don't have access to my rig right now, but I believe after I've used the auto system on mine, and the center light in green lights up, this indicates to me that the rig is level, and when I compare it to a bubble level, I find it is and turn the power off to the Lippert system.

Is this your situation also?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:38 AM   #4

Yes but

Yep, the LCI comes on and the unit seems to be level but the left light stays on. Any ideas?
Old 10-31-2014, 11:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
bigben........

Trying to understand your problem here. Is the RV level now using the auto system but you're concerned with the fact that a few lights remain on?

I don't have access to my rig right now, but I believe after I've used the auto system on mine, and the center light in green lights up, this indicates to me that the rig is level, and when I compare it to a bubble level, I find it is and turn the power off to the Lippert system.

Is this your situation also?
x'2 on mine, it will shut off automatically after 3 mins. or hit off. The screen will also say success and beep.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

bigben..........

When mine is finished leveling the RV, it lights the exact same lights you mention. I always just assumed that's the way it is since we got the rig.

As long as the center green light is on and the rig isn't moving anymore, the job is done and I turn off the power to the Lippert.

Enjoy!

Ken and Terry
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
Old 10-31-2014, 11:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Yep, the LCI comes on and the unit seems to be level but the left light stays on. Any ideas?
what does the screen say, sometimes mine will do that as it is still checking for level. but when it gets done it say's success. Try to hit auto level again and just let it re do it checks. Should shut off after 3 mins. after being and reaching level. If the screen or lights still stay on and never go out, then I would think you need it serviced. Hope that helps. Your not seeing any error messages are you?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:58 AM   #8

Thanks to all

KenandTerry especially thanks. Thought mine was a problem but it sounds like I have company. Thanks again to all for the inputs - guess I'll just soldier on.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:11 PM   #9
Kanadian Kamper

gljurczyk

I don't believe your leveling system is the same as bigben and myself.........ours doesn't say anything.......we don't have a screen. Maybe your rig is newer or isn't the same Lippert model like ours.

Bigben........

Your signature doesn't indicate what kind of RV you have, but I've been assuming it's Georgetown because that's where you posted.

Ken and Terry
Old 10-31-2014, 01:14 PM   #10

I always use the Auto mode. Mine frequently has one or more lights on, even thought it indicates I'm level. That's when I turn it off. I am almost always perfectly level! Even when I retract, I often have a light on. I always look to see if all Jacks are up. They always are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazymace View Post
I always use the Auto mode. Mine frequently has one or more lights on, even thought it indicates I'm level. That's when I turn it off. I am almost always perfectly level! Even when I retract, I often have a light on. I always look to see if all Jacks are up. They always are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Same here ^^^^
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #12

Only thing that's "weird" is my front tires are about 2" off the ground every time I use Auto. No biggie in my opinion. Otherwise Auto works great for me. Love it!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #13

Updated my profile

Sorry -- kinda goofy that I hadn't posted my signature. Have now,
Old 11-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #14

My lippart leveling system in my Georgetown.. Indicates level when just the center logo illuminates...
Old 11-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjester View Post
My lippart leveling system in my Georgetown.. Indicates level when just the center logo illuminates...

Mine too, although sometimes one of the other lights are illuminated as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums