Old 05-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #11

Mine is in a carpeted box in one of the outside storage areas, halfway back, drivers side. Need a phillips screwdriver to remove the door

Old 05-25-2010, 07:21 AM   #12
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post
Mine is in a carpeted box in one of the outside storage areas, halfway back, drivers side. Need a phillips screwdriver to remove the door
Mine is the same as stated. It's inside of a gray carpeted box, probably the location differs in each model but I would bet they are all on the driver's side. Simple access by phillips screw driver and the door is hinged. To check your fluid level be sure all levelers are up and slides are in. Level of fluid should be about an inch from the top.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:54 AM   #13

Thanks Crossfire. The blown circut breaker has happened to me on our 2008 Georgetown. I opened one slide and it quit partway. I was able to get it back in and went to our dealer who showed me where the breaker and fuse box was. He told me the reason for the popped breaker was low voltage from my batteries. Since then, I make sure that I am hooked up to shore power before opening the slides. For the jacks, I keep the engine running to charge the batteries when I drop the jacks. Haven't had any problems since then.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #14

Thanks for the info all, found the hydraulic reservoir you can access it from under the front step inside the motorhome.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #15

Thanks Crossfire for your post. I had this same problem this past Friday jumped on the IPAD hit this fantastic forum and wow there was your post shinning like the light of hope. Tried what you posted and it worked! This site rocks!!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 02:42 AM   #16

I have recently taken posession of my new 2010 Georgetown. I find that when you hit the "retract all jacks" button the process is so fast it feels much like the motor home has been dropped to the ground. I am used to my HWH jacks on my previous DP and these Lippert jacks are something else. I suppose I will get used to them but I am not happy with the very jerky levelling and retraction process. Have others felt the leveling and retraction are abnormal?
Also, when I do an outside inspection of the jacks once levelled, it looks like the rams/pistons from the jack are bowed as though the pad is mounted solidly to the piston and forcing the piston to bend to compensate for the uneven ground. Has anyone else noticed this or is it an illusion that I am seeing? The pistons seem too slender to give real stability.
Starburst2
Old 08-20-2010, 06:51 AM   #17
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starburst2 View Post
I have recently taken posession of my new 2010 Georgetown. I find that when you hit the "retract all jacks" button the process is so fast it feels much like the motor home has been dropped to the ground. I am used to my HWH jacks on my previous DP and these Lippert jacks are something else. I suppose I will get used to them but I am not happy with the very jerky levelling and retraction process. Have others felt the leveling and retraction are abnormal?
Also, when I do an outside inspection of the jacks once levelled, it looks like the rams/pistons from the jack are bowed as though the pad is mounted solidly to the piston and forcing the piston to bend to compensate for the uneven ground. Has anyone else noticed this or is it an illusion that I am seeing? The pistons seem too slender to give real stability.
Starburst2
Yes it's definitely jerky. The retraction feels like a falling elevator. I haven't noticed any bowing of the jacks. I do know the plate isn't real flexible, it's pretty firm. I have to look at it the next trip we take. Congrats on the new Georgetown and welcome to the forums.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 08-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #18

Thanks for the feedback. Cfsoistman, let me know what you observe regarding the bowed pistons as mine may be bent and need warranty service already. If so the jacks are of marginal servicability as I have only had the coach for two weeks one of which has been in the repair shop after some bozzo ran a stop sign and did 30,000 dollars in damage to my new coach. I hope to get it back by mid October.
Starburst2
Old 08-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #19
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. Cfsoistman, let me know what you observe regarding the bowed pistons as mine may be bent and need warranty service already. If so the jacks are of marginal servicability as I have only had the coach for two weeks one of which has been in the repair shop after some bozzo ran a stop sign and did 30,000 dollars in damage to my new coach. I hope to get it back by mid October.
Starburst2
It's sitting on the jacks at home. I'll look when I get home from work and let you know. The rear two are extended pretty far down so I'll have a good look at them.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 08-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #20

Quote:
Iit looks like the rams/pistons from the jack are bowed as though the pad is mounted solidly to the piston and forcing the piston to bend to compensate for the uneven ground. Has anyone else noticed this or is it an illusion that I am seeing? The pistons seem too slender to give real stability.
Starburst2
The pads are more or less gimball mounted so that they can move to accommodate uneven ground. You might just be seeing a optical illusion. If the jacks are extending and retracting normally as you noted they retract very fast then I highly doubt that they are bent. Hydraulic rams that are bent do not work or would be very very noisy and would probably show a considerable amount of fluid leakage under them.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote