Old 07-21-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
Lippert Levelers & Slideout

I have a 2008 Georgetown and things were working good until this weekend. Upon arriving at my destination I proceeded to level the coach. However when the jacks started to extend nothing happened. I got out and noticed that the right front was partially extended but the other three were retracted. The slideout also wouldn't extend. I tried manually retracting the jacks but nothing would work; although the touch pad lit up and looked normal. I opened up the compartment and checked the resevoir to make sure the fluid was full. I checked the 25 amp fuse near the pump; and all seemed ok.
I called Lippert on my cell; but with a poor signal I had trouble keeping connected. After a coup[le hours of searching for the problem; I finally found what went wrong. Under the entrance steps; where the batteries are located for the coach; there is a metal fuse box. I removed the two screws and found the 15 amp fuse blown on the panel. Also to the left side mounted on the frame of the coach was a 90 amp circuit breaker that was tripped. This breaker is a small plastic rectangular shaped that is difficult to see as it is black and the same color as the frame. When tripped there is a small lever that pops out from the bottom. All you need to do is to push it back up. After completing this, my jacks and slideout worked as usual.
Hopefully my experience will help someone else if they experience jack or slideout problems. NOTE: Always make sure you engine is running when you level the coach (parking brake engaged). The jacks draw a huge amount of current and will pop the breaker if their is insufficient power to the batteries.

Crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #2
Head Rambler
Thanks for sharing. This may help someone in the future. I know I'd be glad of the info. Most times when we find odd things like that we never think to post them for others to use. Thanks again.

Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #3
The some thing happen to me this weekend, only my front jacks came down and slides would not go out. It took me about 1 hour before I know about resetting the breaker under the entrance steps.

2007 Georgetown SE Bunk Beds
2005 HD Road King Classic
ATVs for the whole family
Wife and 2 boys age 8 & 6
just_ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:42 PM   #4
Lippert problem

I had the same problem about a year after I had purchased my 34DS Georgetown. I had to track down who had made the system and then phone Lippert. They were quite helpful and told me where to findthe 90 amp fuse - but they should be including the info with the unit bu now!
You can download all kinds of documentation from their website.

ChrisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
Lippert Jack Problem

When I was picking up my 2007 391xl from the dealer the jacks failed during my orientation. Yee ha! Two of the slides wouldn't retract. Techs tried everything and finally discovered that the hydraulic pump runs both the jacks and two of the three slides. Pump failed. Dealer warranty covered the problem.
Lawfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:13 PM   #6
We also had problems when one of the slides would not come out. Took it in to the dealer and he said our circut breaker tripped because of low voltage from the house batteries. He showed me where it was located and where the fuses are located. I recharged the batteries (stored for some time) and everything worked fine. I check the condition of the batteries before I use the Lippert system now. So far we have not have any more problems. Also, I called Lippert and the engineers told me to keep the tank full (one inch from the top) Low oil will also cause the circut breaker to trip when the pump has to over work. So thats another check we do each time we set up. I make it a practice to keep the bottom of the pump box covered with paper towels for a quick reference to any leaks. Coming from the factory, we had a small leak in the transfer maniford that goes to the slides. A little tighting of the connections fixed that.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #7
Thanks for the information on the fluid tank level. I had a pesky leak from around my tank all last summer I couldn't track down. It wouldn't loose much fluid, but a drip or 3 in the driveway was a problem. It was my one warranty issue the dealer worked on before putting it away for the winter so I hope it's fixed.
Ron Hanson
2009 Georgetown 350TS (bunks)
400W solar, 440AH 6V GC2
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member
We had a small minor leak at the front driver's side leveler. I had it checked at two different places while in for warranty work and the Dometic Recall but it never showed any leak over night. It was a very small leak that took quite some time to show. After wiping the leveler down with a degreaser I kept checking until I saw that the fluid was leaking through the threads at the top of the cylinder. I was able to stop it by disconnecting all the hoses, sliding the cylinder down and used teflon tape on the threads. I reconnected everything and actually got a full half turn more once tightened with a pipe wrench. The hoses were never straight on that leveler, but they are now. I then cycled the levelers 4 times so any air would make it back to the tank. It's been leak-free since April 2009. Total loss of ATF was about 6 oz. Refilled tank with slides closed and levelers up to correct level.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:27 AM   #9
This tip was a lifesaver for me today, thanks. I took delivery of a 357qs at my house today and after demo-ing the auto-levelers they wouldn't retract, and the slideouts wouldn't work. They guy spent a lot of time on the phone with his service department and was about the drain the hydraulic fluid to get the legs to retract when I found this little gem. I reset the breaker as described and we were back in business. Thanks so much for the information, this forum is great!
EricBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #10
Lippert Levelers & Slideout

Thanks for all the info Crossfire you never know when you might need it. I just took delivery of my 2010 Georgetown. This may be a silly question but where do you find reservoir for the fluid?

blackshadowk1937 is offline   Reply With Quote