Old 02-03-2016, 08:10 PM   #11

I started this thread about the replacement of the Lippert steps on my 2014 Geogetown XL 377ts and want to answer some of the questions asked. I did not receive a recall but I phoned Lippert customer care after my steps had failed three times. The original steps where named Coach steps which Lippert no longer manufactures. Lippert has acquired Kwikee and they shipped me a set of new Kwikee steps at no charge to me and they paid for shipping.

The shipment included an assembled set of steps with the motor, control module, and safety light, as well the switches, wiring, sensors and installation manual.

I was satisfied with the response to the problem I had with my steps even though they were out of warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 02-03-2016, 09:21 PM   #12

Can you share the telephone number with me for the Lippert customer care I have the same problem with my stairs that you do

Old 02-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #13

RV Steps

Hi, this is for campingphil. The phone number I got from Forest River to Lippert was the Lippert help line 866-524-7821 and the person I spoke with who handled the shipment of new steps to me was Scott.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #14

Thank you very much rparker 3040 for the lippert information I hope that I will be able to help you at another time
Old 02-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #15

I bought my coach in Aug 2013. Noticed the steps felt pretty "soft" right off the bat. In just a few months the bolt broke and I ended up hitting my concrete driveway. Real lucky I didn't hurt myself. Took the bolt to my dealer for replacement. They immediately said FR was replacing the entire step with Kwikees. Don't understand why they haven't done that for everyone. Can't believe no one has been seriously hurt!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums