Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Whitehouse, Texas
Posts: 693
Lippert warranty

I called Lippert directly and complained about their steps and that it would take too much to replace the center bolt because it was welded in place. They shipped me a new set of steps. No questions asked. I received them within a week and installed them myself. My local dealer would have taken 3 weeks to install them after a long wait to bring it in. I feel your frustration.
I also called Forest River directly and someone in the warranty division said "had I called them first they would have shipped me a set of Kwikee steps immediately.
Have you tried call FR directly or have your dealer that you purchased your coach from call them for you?
__________________

__________________
2013 Georgetown XL 378
2008 Honda CR-V
wrapperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 411
Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
I had my Lippert steps replaced with new Kwikee steps at the Frog rally. I had already had the centre shoulder bolt on the lippert brake off twice. Our coach is is a 2012 but next to us Forest River replaced the steps on a 1999 Georgetown.
__________________

__________________
2012 Georgetown 378TS Fire Mist
2008 Honda Fit
ReadyBrake™ Surge Brake System integrated with ReadyBrute™ Elite RV Tow Bar
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #13
Retired US Army CW4
 
Tom and Kat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 148
I recently had two bolts shear off on my LCI steps. I checked the remaining bolts and found two more that looked like they were also ready to fail. I removed the suspect bolts and found that the washers had flattened out and had actually worn through the metal in spots (sorry the pic is blurry...cell phone). I called Forest River and they had me schedule an appointment with the dealer to remove the LCI's and replace with Kwikee's. Dropped it off on Tuesday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Washer.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	39985  
__________________
2014 Georgetown 329DS
Towing a 2011 Jeep Wrangler JKU w/ReadyBrake
Yorkie guard dog on the dash
Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Glamping's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 14
Our 2012 George Town XL 360 sheared the shoulder bolt on the steps and almosted landed me on my arse ! I took it to the dealer and asked about changing out the steps like I have read here. They claim they never heard of that but would check with Forest River. That was 3 weeks ago and still no response from Forest River.
__________________
Connie and Rich
Surprise Az
2012 George Town XL 360

2013 Can Am Maverick
Glamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #15
Retired US Army CW4
 
Tom and Kat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamping View Post
Our 2012 George Town XL 360 sheared the shoulder bolt on the steps and almosted landed me on my arse ! I took it to the dealer and asked about changing out the steps like I have read here. They claim they never heard of that but would check with Forest River. That was 3 weeks ago and still no response from Forest River.
I would contact the Forest River Service and Warranty department and see if the dealer actually called them. When I called they were fully aware of the problems with the LCI steps. They even sent me an email to take to the dealer stating they would cover the cost of replacement with Kwikee steps and included a name and direct number at Forest River for the dealer to call if they had any questions. My experience with Forest River customer service has been very good. They return calls and emails almost immediately and are genuinely concerned about solving any problems owners have.
__________________
2014 Georgetown 329DS
Towing a 2011 Jeep Wrangler JKU w/ReadyBrake
Yorkie guard dog on the dash
Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #16
Retired US Army CW4
 
Tom and Kat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 148
A quick follow up. I took my motorhome into the dealer last Wednesday. They requested authorization to replace the steps from Forest River and received it this morning. Motorhome will be ready to pick up later this week.
__________________
2014 Georgetown 329DS
Towing a 2011 Jeep Wrangler JKU w/ReadyBrake
Yorkie guard dog on the dash
Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Kat View Post
I would contact the Forest River Service and Warranty department and see if the dealer actually called them. When I called they were fully aware of the problems with the LCI steps. They even sent me an email to take to the dealer stating they would cover the cost of replacement with Kwikee steps and included a name and direct number at Forest River for the dealer to call if they had any questions. My experience with Forest River customer service has been very good. They return calls and emails almost immediately and are genuinely concerned about solving any problems owners have.
I would sure welcome their number(s) at Customer Service. Seems to be a big secret with F.R. I also currently have a set of the Lippert manual steps needing repairs. Scheduled for next week, but would welcome a change out of the steps to another brand. Thanks for any assistance.
__________________
l001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #18
Retired US Army CW4
 
Tom and Kat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by l001952119 View Post
I would sure welcome their number(s) at Customer Service. Seems to be a big secret with F.R. I also currently have a set of the Lippert manual steps needing repairs. Scheduled for next week, but would welcome a change out of the steps to another brand. Thanks for any assistance.
Try Steven Strombough in service/warranty at 574-206-7611. He knows all about LCI products.
__________________
2014 Georgetown 329DS
Towing a 2011 Jeep Wrangler JKU w/ReadyBrake
Yorkie guard dog on the dash
Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 235
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Kat View Post
Try Steven Strombough in service/warranty at 574-206-7611. He knows all about LCI products.
Thanks Tom & Kat. Will let you know the outcome.
__________________
l001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 89
Is this isolated to newer coaches..my 2008 Georgetown 374 steps failed totally..out position...had to bungee cord up as well as possible and drive 7 miles to rv repairs....

George
__________________

__________________
ynott96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 PM.