Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2015, 08:31 PM   #1

location ford chassis airconditioner for 2008 Georgetown 378XL

My 2007 ford chassis air conditioner stopped putting out cold air. I found the unit (large black box on front right of engine compartment) but cannot figure out where the low pressure valve is. I found 2. one near the black box the other near the cooling grid. ANY HELP.
jdlawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:40 AM   #2

Here's a YouTube link that explains the 2 connections, hope it helps.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:58 PM   #3

Thank you. Found the low pressure line. However, it seem that is not the problem. The pressure is fine. The AC unit is in a large black box on the upper left I cannot get inside. I think clutch does not kick in. I found where the fuse/relay is in the power distribution box. Do not know how to check this small black cube and I cannot remove it. Any idea. I live 25 miles from the near RV service.
jdlawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:29 PM   #4

If you get under the right side of the engine you will see the compressor, and can check if the clutch is in and the comp is running. If you see a lot of oil around the area it usually means the seals have blown, and you get to take it to the Ford Truck dealer to replace the compressor.
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days 2018 24 days 2019 48 days 2020 25 days 2021 6
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlawrence View Post
Thank you. Found the low pressure line. However, it seem that is not the problem. The pressure is fine. The AC unit is in a large black box on the upper left I cannot get inside. I think clutch does not kick in. I found where the fuse/relay is in the power distribution box. Do not know how to check this small black cube and I cannot remove it. Any idea. I live 25 miles from the near RV service.
I had the same problem, the AC was working but blowing out hot air. I tracked it down to a little black box (hot water flow control valve for heater) in front of the radiator, a heater hose goes in one side and out the other then on to a larger black box (heater radiator). I took the small black box apart and had to special order a new hot water control valve and replaced it, problem solved. Though the AC part was doing it's job cooling the water leaking by the water valve heated the air right back up thus hot air out the inside vents. I also checked the clutch on the compressor, had to crawl under the MH and look up to see the compressor mine was working as it should that is why I kept hunting and found the bad water control valve.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 10:37 AM   #6

I know this is an OLD post, but I have the very same issue. I am going to try the black box trick and hope it works. When it's nice outside and no AC needed very comfortable ride, but even running one of the bus A/C units and generator, there just isn't enough air flow to the cab. I sure hope this works. Thanks for the ideals.

2008 Georgetown owner
bill0830 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
378xl, cat, ford, georgetown, location