Old 05-17-2012, 03:43 AM   #1

Looking at a 2008 Georgetown 373DS

I am/have been looking at buying a 2008 Georgetown 373DS is there anywhere or anyone that might no some information about this coach. I have been talking to the dealership that has it but if dealerships for Motorhomes are anything like the ones for a Vehicle they are pretty much going to tell me things I want to hear anyway....and I'm not trying to beat up this dealership, because I have heard nothing but good things about it. I just know when someones trying to sell something, they don't always tell you the things you need to know, just what you ask. So if anyone has any information on this coach or somewhere I can go, or threads that have already been posted about it, I would be greatly thankful.
I like to hunt, but for the first few months of owning it I will be mostly living in it, not traveling. I have no house, no apartment, am not married, no pets, and my child lives with her mom. When I do use it I plan on using it for traveling to wherever in the U.S. as long as we keep getting fuel, hehe. Sorry not trying to ruffle any feathers. I have a pickup but don't plan on pulling it behind, any time I go anywhere I will probably get a rental car. I also have a bicycle that I will use most of the time also. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi elkhntr.
I moved your thread to the Georgetown forum as you'll get better exposure here. Hopefully, our Gtown members can help with your question.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I can't speak specifically about the 373DS but we've owned our Georgetown 370 since November 2006. You should expect about 7-8 MPG while traveling. Most GT owners will tell you it drives very well. There are items that you can add to make it a bit more smooth. I added air springs to help with the rocking from side to side. Without them it's not real bad but the air springs did help. The Ford F53 Chassis with V-10 Triton is reliable. The majority of manufacturers use it just for that reason. If there's any particular info you're looking for just type away. Someone here will be able to give you good feedback.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I can't speak specifically about the 373DS but we've owned our Georgetown 370 since November 2006. You should expect about 7-8 MPG while traveling. Most GT owners will tell you it drives very well. There are items that you can add to make it a bit more smooth. I added air springs to help with the rocking from side to side. Without them it's not real bad but the air springs did help. The Ford F53 Chassis with V-10 Triton is reliable. The majority of manufacturers use it just for that reason. If there's any particular info you're looking for just type away. Someone here will be able to give you good feedback.
cfsoistman,
Thank you for the information, greatly appreciated. I was thinking that was probably the case about the V-10 and chassis, all of the research I have done, most of the motorhomes used it. It's like I've always heard, "if it's not broken, don't fix it". I don't really plan on doing a lot of driving in it at first as I do living in it. I am single and my oldest children are on their own, my youngest is not too terribly tall and lilkes to hang out with me so I think I will be ok with living in it for a little bit, seeings she won't be with me but a little. I also will be living only a few hundred miles away from here so I will be able to visit her often too.
Have you had any major trouble with it? Have you done any modifications to improve it's performance or anything like that? How are they when you level them out as far as squeaky floors or wobbling walls, things of that nature. I didn't read your profile to see if you lived anywhere cold, have you used it in the cold and if so how was it for keeping heat in, I mean I know they aren't a house or even a Mobile home but do they do allright in the cold? How are they in the extreme hot. I am going to be moving to Newport News Virginia around December and plan on having it before then. I have lived up there before and in the summer it seemed to reach some pretty intense heat. Maybe it was the humidity but wow. I was just wondering how they hold up to those two seasons. Thanks for your info and input.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
Hi elkhntr.
I moved your thread to the Georgetown forum as you'll get better exposure here. Hopefully, our Gtown members can help with your question.
Thank you Triguy...that is a different login name.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhntr4evr View Post

Have you had any major trouble with it? I did have a problem with the rear which was covered by Ford under warranty. They were getting their rears from Dana and had an issue with a few where the bolts weren't torqued properly. In my case I sheared off some teeth in the rear after shearing off both bolts.
Have you done any modifications to improve it's performance or anything like that? I added the Banks Cold Air Intake Kit. Large K&N Air Filter set-up. I get better pedal response since adding it. Better MPG-Doubtful but it does maintain speed on hills where before I had to floor it and still would slow down. It could also be that I've gotten better at my approach to hills as well
How are they when you level them out as far as squeaky floors or wobbling walls, things of that nature.I have one spot that makes a small creaky sound but it's not bad at all
I didn't read your profile to see if you lived anywhere cold, have you used it in the cold and if so how was it for keeping heat in, I mean I know they aren't a house or even a Mobile home but do they do allright in the cold? I live in Maryland, it gets cold here. I use my coach while it's parked in the driveway to watch football. The furnace does a very good job of heating the coach and stays off for about 20-25 minutes before coming back on. I use a 1500 watt heater most of the time and that will cycle off when I'm out there. We have the Artic Pak [forced option] still trying to figure that one out. It includes tank heaters, additional insulation and dual pane glass
How are they in the extreme hot. If it's real hot we run both AC units to keep it comfortable. They will cycle off at night but during the daytime they pretty much run most of the time. The bedroom unit will cycle off with the door closed though. Just plan for a steady stream of water coming off the roof.
I am going to be moving to Newport News Virginia around December and plan on having it before then. I have lived up there before and in the summer it seemed to reach some pretty intense heat. Maybe it was the humidity but wow. I was just wondering how they hold up to those two seasons. Thanks for your info and input.
Hope this helps some!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote