Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2015, 06:42 PM   #1

Looking to buy a 2015 351DSF

Hi, Im looking at a 2015 351DSF. HELP! I'd Like some feedback from owners of this coach. How do you like it? How is the quality of the coach in your opinion? Any advice?

Thanks
Gopherdave
Gopherdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:45 PM   #2

Freaking love it. I have the same one.
No issues yet but that will not be indicative of what you'll experience.
Starboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:27 AM   #3

I have a 2013 model. Myself and my family still love it as much as we did the first day we picked it up from the dealer. So far I have no complaints. The only things that I have upgraded from stock include the stereo and the 2 front speakers and the shower head in the shower.
bmarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopherdave View Post
Hi, Im looking at a 2015 351DSF. HELP! I'd Like some feedback from owners of this coach. How do you like it? How is the quality of the coach in your opinion? Any advice?

Thanks
Gopherdave
We have a 2014 model and love it, plenty of space and power for our needs. We've had it about 9 months now, put 8,500 miles on it and tow a small SUV behind it. I'm happy with the quality overall. Given the pricepoint I had certain expectations, but don't feel anything is overly cheap or corners cut. I feel Forest River did a nice job with the features and quality for this level of coach and I'd definitely buy it again over the competition. You'll have the usual growing pains that I think are 'standard' no matter what brand or model you buy.

The 364TS is new for 2015 with a similar floorplan, but a little longer and a 2nd bathroom. Good comparisons and reviews on the forum here.

If you're looking for a 2015, look for the new features they made available (there's a post about this in this forum) - main living area TV placement, cupholders, exterior LP hookup, etc. Some of the early 2015's don't have these things.

If you're interested in a pre-owned 2014 model there's a forum member (FL Family) recently selling theirs with a lot of upgrades in it. Check the "classifieds" section, I'm not sure if it's sold yet or not.

Tom
Old 04-06-2015, 09:36 AM   #5

I have that exact model and love it. We lived in it for two months this winter in Florida. Sleeping arrangements are super. Get a front end alignment in the first 90 days (talk to Friday about that). Also negative is the DVD player mounted in the dash. It's just clumsy. Everything else mm is great.
RLWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:44 AM   #6

I have a 2013 and we still like ours...just wish we could use it more!
That being said.... If you take a hint from the other posts on here, go over the RV with a fine tooth comb and document EVERY discrepancy no matter how small or minor. Get pictures of items they say aren't an issue and have them still note it.
Once you leave the lot, if it isn't written down, then good luck....

Somewhere on this forum is someone's checklist, not sure where it is but it does have some good info.

Good luck!
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:51 PM   #7

We have an early 2015 (delivered last May) and we love it! We've had a few issues (the motor on the jacks shorted out after our first trip) but it was replaced under warranty so no big deal there. We have made some minor modifications (fantastic fan in bathroom, new shower head, made a sewer hose holder for underneath, new mattress) and are working on a few more (extra speakers in the cab area, which they come with now) and potentially changing out the radio/DVD player.

As people have said, for the $$ spent you get a really nice product, and we've been happy with the performance overall. We looked at the 364 at the RV show about a month ago.....on paper I was thinking I would like it better than our 351, but in reality I didn't care for it - don't get me wrong, I liked the king bed and having 2 bathrooms, but both bathrooms were pretty small and it seemed to lack some of the storage our 351 has, especially underneath. JMHO.

Good luck!
Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #8
I Break Everything

We got our 351DSF February 2015. We taken it out twice. It's pretty awesome so far. Just a few things to pay attention to when shopping.

There are lots of variances inside, like with DVD/TV etc. There are models that have DVD players in the driver console and not. Unless you know what you're looking for you won't know. The players look the same. Read the fine print.

There are models with the front bunk and ones without...we opted out of the front bunk option, I'm pretty sure we will never use it. We have two kids and the bunks work great. The A/C's work well so far.

I'd opt for a larger fan in the bathroom, but no biggie. It tows well. We tow a 2013 CRV with Blue OX towbar and brake plate.

The exterior TV is nice on cool evenings. I wish all the TVs were the same brand, we have 5 TVs in this ride with 3 different brand remotes.

One thing to watch is where the power hooks up to your towed vehicle to the hitch on the RV. It is low, I bumped ours and had to repair it after going over railroad tracks in San Antonio.

Ours has a residential fridge, the size is great, however, if you plan on watching TV while driving down the road, you can't the inverters pretty much run the fridge. THe fridge is AC only not propane or DC. Hasn't been a problem for us. But one downside our icemaker already has to be replaced on the fridge. The manufacturer said they were having trouble with this model. The new one is on order and being replaced next week.

Lastly when you drive for the first time, check frontend alignment. I'm actually driving ours to Buda, TX today after work to a commercial truck repair center to have ours adjusted. And if you can have it wired/install satellite radio, do it. The speakers in the front really aren't super as well.

Overall really happy, it handles well. Good Luck

mk

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:20 PM   #9

We have had our 2014 for 1 1/2 years and have around 10,000 miles on it. Still love it. Don't have the front bunk but sometimes think it would be nice to have.
Get the front end aligned after purchase as others have said. I did the CHF and it handles great. Exept for a leak on the black tank flush all of our problems have been cosmetic and taken care of by FR and our dealer. Kevin Stratton from FR has been great at responding to questions and issues.
If you don't dry camp much I highly reccomend the residential refridgerator.
The only regret I have is not being able to afford the larger 352 at the time we purchased. Hope to upgrade to that in a few more years.
I know this MH isn't top of the line but I have no complaints or regrets on our 351.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #10

Get the front bunk! That's where I sleep and I'm the driver.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:26 PM   #11

Signed the papers today. Can't wait to pick it up.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:27 PM   #12

Thanks everyone. You guys were a great help
Old 04-13-2015, 11:52 AM   #13

Nice! When is the arrival date?
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopherdave View Post
Signed the papers today. Can't wait to pick it up.
Great! Congrats!!
Old 04-13-2015, 04:48 PM   #15

Congratulations!

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:33 PM   #16

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll love it!
DarrenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:35 AM   #17

You'll love it!
Old 04-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #18

Picking it up Wednesday 4-29-15
Old 04-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #19

We are picking up ours the same day... !! Congrats to Us !!
MattL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:12 PM   #20

Congratulations
borba is offline   Reply With Quote