Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards79 View Post
Had a similar problem with our 2012, the front turn signals wouldn’t work with the headlights on.. the problem was inside that same group of wires. The guy who installed the connectors went overkill with the heat gun while melting the shrink tube and melted all the connectors together causing a short I replaced all them and the problem was fixed. That group of wires has been the source of many people’s lighting problems!
I did see some melting of the wires and some of the wire labels where melted to nothing.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:02 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
I did see some melting of the wires and some of the wire labels where melted to nothing.

Yep, quality control is def not a huge concern in the RV industry. I posted on here about adding some usb outlets to the dash and in the process of taking the dash apart to gain access to the wiring behind the radio area I found no less than 3-4 types of wire connectors used to splice the wires for the radio, camera monitor and all the other systems in that area.. they used the cheapest butt connector they could and it looked like they were crimp using pliers but the most concerning was the use of actual 120v wire nuts to connect all the radio wires and most of the camera monitor wires together and it’s just a huge rats nest of wire! There is no organization to it at all, when I reached in there to start moving stuff several of the wires came right out of the wire nuts with no effort at all!!

Wiring is a pet peeve of mine so I’ve got a lot of work to do so I guess it’s a good thing I’m installing a new radio with Bluetooth capabilities..
Beards79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light