Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #1

Low point drains

Tried last year to find my low point drains with some help from this forum, but could not find. I have a 2004/05 346 ds Georgetown. I found the drain for my fresh water because I figured it was near the tank but have no idea where to look for the low point drains. Is there an area that they are typically found near, like the bathroom. I have been under the MH several times and never found anything and the PO sprayed extra insulation under there so I hope it isn't covered by the insulation to bad. It Did not get to cold in TX last winter so I lucked out but don't want to keep pushing my luck. Thanks everyone for the help.
Frank4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Have you tried contacting FR? Send John Armstrong an email. If he doesn't know I'd think he could find someone that does.
On my 370TS they actually placed a sticker on the outside noting the location. In my case they came down in the same area as my fresh water tank drain which is inside the propane tank compartment.
jarmstrong@forestriverinc.com

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #3

My '05 359 has the same low point drain label as mentioned above. Located in the propane compartment, there is a fresh water tank drain, a fresh water tank overflow/vent hose and a low point drain for the water lines.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #4

My fresh water tank and drain for it is located at the drivers side rear of the coach
Frank4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #5

Has anyone noticed that the low point drain will only drain the fresh water tank to about 1/3 in the 05 Georgetown? Also the pump sucks air at 1/3. Solution that works is to drill a new hole in the tank (a unibit works well here) about 2cm (3/4 inch) from the bottom of the tank. insert about 150mm (6 inches of hose) into the tank and connect it to your water pump. Make sure the hose lays on the bottom of the tank. Seal the gap (small as possible) around the hose using a hot glue gun, not a hobby type and presto the pump works well and you have a method to drain the fresh water tank easily! Just disconnect the pump outlet and pump it dry.
oldprof1 is offline   Reply With Quote