Old 07-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #1

Low point valve leak

Hello. I have a 2012 Georgetown XL 334DS. I just noticed that there seems to be water leaking from a plastic hose under the motorhome. I am on city water at the Grand Canyon. There are three hoses hanging down at the Low Point Drain. Two have ends screwed into them. The third is a hose with plastic tape at the end. This is the one that is leaking. The leak seems to be connected to the City water system. When I turn off the City supply, the dripping out of the hose stops. When I turn it back on, the dripping out of the hose reappears. Does anyone have any idea what this hose is and where the water is coming from? I have been camping with this motorhome for 3 weeks and have not noticed a leak before. Thanks.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
Hello. I have a 2012 Georgetown XL 334DS. I just noticed that there seems to be water leaking from a plastic hose under the motorhome. I am on city water at the Grand Canyon. There are three hoses hanging down at the Low Point Drain. Two have ends screwed into them. The third is a hose with plastic tape at the end. This is the one that is leaking. Does anyone have any idea what this hose is and where the water is coming from? I have been camping with this motorhome for 3 weeks and have not noticed a leak before. Thanks.
Two plugged "pipes" are pressurized Hot and Cold water winter drains.
The open tube is the overflow conection from the top of the fresh water, tank. The drip can be the tank with a very minor fill leak now overflowing or simply condensation coming from water in the tank. Tank level check should tell you whats going on. There is a built in check valve at the discharge of the water pump. If it leaks the shore pressure will flow backwards through the pump and fill the tank.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #3

Thank you for your prompt reply and information. I turned off the City water supply, and, as you described, the fresh water tank is showing full. So can you tell me what part is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced? You mentioned the water pump and a check valve. Which part is malfunctioning? And where can I find the water pump? Is there a way to reset the check valve, if it is leaking? Thanks so much for your help.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #4
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Also, if you have a diverter valve that allows you to fill your fresh water tank when you are connected to city water, it may no be quite closed all the way.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #5

Here is my setup in my Georgtown.
2 blue drains with plugs at end and 1 clear hose

One blue hose is the drain from the water tank.
One blue hose is the MH water system low point for draining all water in the system for winterizing.
Clear line is a over flow from the water holding tank

You will also see inside at the pump a valve and hose for adding antifreeze o winterize the whole system.

Your may be different
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome Home 016.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	16567  

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #6

12V water pump

Quote:
Thank you for your prompt reply and information. I turned off the City water supply, and, as you described, the fresh water tank is showing full. So can you tell me what part is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced? You mentioned the water pump and a check valve. Which part is malfunctioning? And where can I find the water pump? Is there a way to reset the check valve, if it is leaking? Thanks so much for your help.
I've never seen a 337 however I'm betting its close to being similar to my 378. The pump is normally under or close to the FW tank. Mine is in a basement compartment, but hidden behind thin black sheathing on the curb side of the unit. Easily located by opening comartment door in the area of the rear tires. Have someone start and stop the pump while you listen and you'll soon find it. If fitted the sheathing comes down easily with the square head screws and carefully work the sheathing out.
Once you locate the pump, you'll see on the "discharge" the pump casing will end into another device (cylinder with fittings on both ends maybe two inches or less long. Discharge side usually connects to hard blue piping, suction conect to tank via soft reinforced hose. Its simply a ball or flap type valve that allows flow in one direction. Of late many pumps come with the non return or check valve as an integral part.
If you are ready to repair or replace, make sure water system is drained and tank is either drained or has valve to isolate. Pump water fittings are hand tighned nuts and usually has four foundation bolts. There are tons of mfgs and model combinations, can't tell you exactly how to disassemble your pump but you goal is to clean by flush or mechanically the non-return check valve. Its easy to test when ready by attaching to hose bib or just gravite water into the pump to see if holds. If necessary sometimes can be repaired due to internal damage, I doubt thats the case here.

RV Pumps

SHURflo® Fresh Water Pumps

SHURflo's fresh water pumps have been the industry leader since 1988. These potable water pumps are self-priming and employ three independent pumping chambers to pump water smoothly and quietly. Built-in check valves prevent backflow into the tank. They can run dry without damage. Their patented design delivers smooth, consistent flow at all ranges of operation, while drawing low current. SHURflo® fresh water pumps provide flows from 1.0 GPM up to 3.5 GPM. They are built tough to provide reliable, smooth and quiet operation for many enjoyable years of use. Each SHURflo® fresh water pump is thermally protected for added safety and peace of mind. CE versions are available.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #7

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I found the ShurFlo pump as described. It is located exactly as stated by VinceU and photographed by Iggy. Tomorrow, I will try to determine the Shurflo model and see what can be done to repair it. I really appreciate everyone's helpfulness.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #8

Here is my information on the pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome Home2 002.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	16571  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Revolution%20Pump%20911-1008-D.pdf (274.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: pdf My_Pump_4008-101-A65.pdf (143.0 KB, 30 views)

Old 07-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #9

I finally had the water pump replaced today and that seemed to take care of the leak through the check valve. Thanks to all for your advice.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #10

Quote:
I finally had the water pump replaced today and that seemed to take care of the leak through the check valve. Thanks to all for your advice.
So the check valve is in the pump?
If you had a leak it seems it sould have been leaking from the valve to the low point, Hummm?

Tags
water leak