Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #1

low power to cig lighter socket?

no power when key is off or on accessory. low power to it with key switch in on postion? is there some kind of relay going to it
genesimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesimmons View Post
no power when key is off or on accessory. low power to it with key switch in on postion? is there some kind of relay going to it
Don't think there is a relay, but its powered "hot" always from fuse F-16 on the Ford red fuse panel, mounted on the inside firewall just left of the drivers left foot. I may have a black protect panel snapped on which is original. Its an original chassis fuse provide for the coach builder. It also powers a few other auxilliarys. Its a 20 amp I believe.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesimmons View Post
Here is what my panel looks like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yellowstone_July2012 060.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	22629  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #4

mine doesn't look like that. the center does but not the part on the right.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesimmons
mine doesn't look like that. the center does but not the part on the right.
The black cover snaps off, then it will look like pic and you can see the multi colored fuses.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #6

i know, still does not look like that. mine has center part and two relays on bottom
Old 01-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #7

Quote:
i know, still does not look like that. mine has center part and two relays on bottom
Gene,
Do you have a Ford F- 53 Chassis? Or other? Iggy and I mmaybe assumed wrong.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #8

yep, it is a late 2002 f53 in a 2003 359ts
Old 01-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #9

i was thinking a bad ground,but mh starts fine and other chassis 12volt works fine. seems only have trouble with cig and aux power outlet and map lihgts. the same lower power is on the switch that looks like it has a maplight picture on it?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #10

Quote:
yep, it is a late 2002 f53 in a 2003 359ts
Maybe in the instuction book that came with the coach from Ford you can find a drawing of fuse panel layout. 98% will be Ford power supplies, however a few will marked on the dwg as " reserved for end user" or coach builder etc, one of those is what you are looking for. Our rig is a 2010 design built in 2011 for a 2012 coach. That cig lighter is always hot with or without the ign. key, not like cars,. Your problem maybe dowm stream of the fuse like corroded connection, best to star at the source.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #11

Quote:
i was thinking a bad ground,but mh starts fine and other chassis 12volt works fine. seems only have trouble with cig and aux power outlet and map lihgts. the same lower power is on the switch that looks like it has a maplight picture on it?
Yes sounds similar to newer models. Once you locate power source to these loads. Turn on maplights, power something in socket, and iI think the radio can be powered here from same fuse. If the voltage is 12-13 volts and nothing of the 3 works it could be a common ground connection problem. If voltage is lower than that, fuse holder or power wire problem. All those devices come from a always hot bus.

Reason to load the circuits is a battery will show ful lvoltage across a bad connection. However when load is applied, it will drop like a stone