Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #1

Low water flow to toilet

So today I went to flush my black and grey tanks, and at first the toilet was getting plenty of water. Then after I emptied the tanks, I went to go and flush more fresh water through the toilet to "clean" a bit more, but the flow reduced to a trickle. I thought that maybe it was because the water pump was not turned on so I turned it on, to no avail. The bathroom and kitchen sink are getting plenty of water and the flow is strong. I also made sure to open my anti-siphon valve.

Has anyone experienced this?
jhughes3281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:05 AM   #2

Sounds like debris in the line somewhere between the pump and toilet. First remove the line that connects to the toilet and make sure water is flowing freely. If it's working there, then it's something within the toilet. If it's not flowing free at the disconnect, follow it back until you find the source of blockage.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #3

That was my first thought as well, but why would it flow strong prior to the pump being turned on and then after I turn it on it does not flow as well however the sink next to it flows fine?
Old 10-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #4

it happened to me this summer. there will be a chunk of calcium in the small outlet port of your flush valve.
skidoonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughes3281 View Post
That was my first thought as well, but why would it flow strong prior to the pump being turned on and then after I turn it on it does not flow as well however the sink next to it flows fine?
Who knows "why." ~~ I suppose whatever it is just chose that moment to let loose and cause the problem. Be consoled that you didn't have a rig full of friends when it happened and how easy it'll be the next time you you need to wrench-it.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Here is the WHY and THE FIX

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...c-v-15261.html

Easy as Pie
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd

Who knows "why." ~~ I suppose whatever it is just chose that moment to let loose and cause the problem. Be consoled that you didn't have a rig full of friends when it happened and how easy it'll be the next time you you need to wrench-it.
I know, I just hate fixing things and not knowing a "why" to try and prevent it from happening again. Especially like you said, with a rig full of people. Oh well, hopefully it's as simple as that.

I will check the end first for a calcium rock as we do have super hard water where I live.