Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2010, 07:43 AM   #1

low water pressure in toilet

Hello All!
Down here in Nashville, headed on down to Tunica then Bay ST Louis... Love the RVing.

Question: I have a 2009 Georgetown.
I just noticed on this trip that
my water pressure in toilet is very low -- even when hooked up to park water.
Also my ice maker is not making water on frig. dont know if these are related or not.

ANything that I may have done to cause this?
Anything that I could check?

Thanks a bunch everyone!
Dixie
DBINGHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #2

City water inlet check valve stuck or obstructed.

Water filter restricted.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #3

Are you using an In-line pressure regulator?
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #4

As Milzat suggested. For the ice/water on the fridge, make sure the valve for it is completely open. It is located behind the fridge and is accesible from outside by removing the fridge access panel.

I found that the factory installed water filter does a really good job of cutting down water presure and so I don't use a regulator anymore when connecting my city water hose.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:22 AM   #5

well, the valve wasn't all the way open on the fridge, so we now have water and ice...thanks for the tip. As for the low pressure in toilet, ended up in repair in Hattesburg, Ms yesterday. The valve was shot and required a new water module assembly. This is first big trip with this motorhome and the problems are coming almost daily! We now have no cold water and that is with the hot water heater off. Also, the generator can't keep both ac units going at same time when we are dry camping, but is ok when we are plugged in. The good note is we are on vacation and loving it!
DBINGHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBINGHAM View Post
well, the valve wasn't all the way open on the fridge, so we now have water and ice...thanks for the tip. As for the low pressure in toilet, ended up in repair in Hattesburg, Ms yesterday. The valve was shot and required a new water module assembly. This is first big trip with this motorhome and the problems are coming almost daily! We now have no cold water and that is with the hot water heater off. Also, the generator can't keep both ac units going at same time when we are dry camping, but is ok when we are plugged in. The good note is we are on vacation and loving it!
What size AC units do you have? What size Generator? Are you running your water heater on Propane only or is the 120 Volt switch on as well? We have (2) 13,500 BTU AC units and have no problems with our 5.5 KW generator running them both at the same time. We just headed back from Myrtle Beach and used them for the 9 hour trip, but they were the only thing being used. If you have 15,000 BTU AC Units and the 5.5 KW Generator you're probably very close to meeting the max output. They'll run on shore power because they aren't exceeding the total amp draw on each circuit.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #7

I was having a problem where the generator started to pop the circuit breaker on the gen itself when running both AC's. It had worked fine before. Turned out I left the electric water heater switched on. Turned that off and it worked fine again.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote