Old 12-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #11
Mod free 5er
The 22mm stud converted is 0.8661" which is just about 7/8" which is a pretty big stud. Gr 8 torque for a 7/8" bolts is 454 lb/ft.

OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #12
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
I can't believe how much the torque jumps up from a 19" to a 22" wheel. Glad I have the smaller wheels since I don't have a torque wrench that goes that high.
I don't have one that goes that high either, but was thinking of buying one. They are quite pricey though.

I recently had all six tires replaced ($$ouch$$) at Camping World. After bringing the RV back to the storage facility, I checked air pressure and found that a couple of the tires were improperly inflated. I also noticed that one of the decorative nuts that hold the lug nut covers on was missing. I now wonder if the lug nuts are torqued properly.

PS: Would have checked owners manual, but manual is in RV, RV is in storage. Thanks for the info.

Rod & Carla B.
The Hounds Kooper & Abby
2015 Sunseeker 3010; '14 Ford Focus toad
raoulwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #13
I'm a firm believer in "if you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself". Problem is that with tires it has to be done by someone else. Not sure how difficult it would be to take the coach back to camping world to have them replace the missing cap, check the tire pressure and have them torque the wheels in front of you.

2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote