Old 06-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #11
Senior Member - Retired

Update

First visit by technician failed due to having the wrong part. Next attempt will be June 28th. Certainly glad I am not being charged for the parts, shipping nor labor.

I did manage to open up access so if necessary, the technician could remove the microwave. IU am posting a few pictures in hopes it may help someone in the future.

There is a s trim piece above the microwave that can be removed by pulling straight out on one end. A picture of the trim piece is shown on the dinette table.

The picture with three arrows shows the brackets at each end of the top support for the microwave and how the two brackets attaché to the cabinet. The third arrow points to one of two bolts supplied with the microwave designed to secure the microwave to the cabinet above the microwave. Since there is no cabinet above the microwave, FR secured the microwave to a piece of wood with the bolts, then pushed in the microwave and piece of wood before attaching the brackets to the sides of the microwave enclosure.

I have posted a close up of how the brackets attach to the wood strip and enclosure as well as a close up of the bolt attaching the wood strip to the microwave.

Not a particularly pretty installation by FR.
Attached Images

Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:30 PM   #12

We just had the same problem. We leave the electric on in ours which is parked at an RV Park we belong to. No one had been down to it for about a week. When I walked in my daughter said the microwave had just come on. I opened the door and closed it. A few seconds later it came back on for 2:00 minutes, time on the countdown timer. I opened the door again and looked in. The glass tray was shattered and the plastic ring the tray revolves on was melted completely through. I turned the circuit breaker for it off, cleaned up the glass and melted plastic. Ours is a Magic Chef too. Our 2009 Sunseeker 3100SS is probably too old for it to be covered but thought I would share. Thanks for the heads up on where to purchase a replacement.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:07 PM   #13

Captain Bob. It may be too old for warranty but maybe a recall is on it or Magic Chef may replace it out of concern for safety and their liability
Old 07-03-2017, 02:09 PM   #14
Senior Member - Retired

Captain Bob I wish you good luck. The third visit by a technician and the correct keypad has so far fixed the problem with our microwave.

Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote