Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #1

Main tv

2013 378xl to hear tv must be turned up almost to max any ideas also what is best to use on slide seals, and last thing our front bottom passenger slide is eating the wood away ideas guys thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
rwehba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:26 AM   #2

I would cautiously recommend a silicone spray for the seals.(correct me if I am wrong) The TV and the stereo both have volume controls...make sure they are both turned up. Not sure about the wood

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #3
Happily Retired Member

Our 2013 378 also has marginal a best tv volume. You can set it up to play volume through roof stereo speakers, but I can not remember the sequence to set it up. As far as the wood under the slides, my 378 had the same problem. Probably most do. People just do not notice it. The factory sent out plastic slide 90 degree angle rails that went under the lower side trim for attachment and the slide out rides on them. They did both front slide outs. The bedroom slide out is already fiberglass to slide on.

2013 Ford Escape on Landgrebe tow dolly
Mickeystamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:27 PM   #4

Just turn the dvd/stereo unit above passengers compartment on and turn to AUX and the tv will play out of the surround sound speakers. Or you can do what most did and buy a sound bar and that works great.

Have not heard about the plastic slide 90 degree angle rails. Mine have done this (chipped) and thought there was no cure.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #5

On the tv issue, our tv only has an audio out via the optical port. I purchased an optical digital converter and used a short optical cable to the converter and plugged in the rca cables (left and right audio) that are pre-installed by the factory. On the surround sound side I plugged the rca cables in to the aux 1 port. Now we have excellent surround sound from the tv. We mute the tv and use the surround system. We had used a sound bar but it was a pain to travel with, had to take it down and put it up at each stop.

I also ran my own rg6 cables from the front tv to the rear tv and put a satellite in port in the rear passenger side compartment. We use a ground HD Direct Tv antenna. The power inserter is mounted under the front tv and our DVR is also in the cabinet under the TV. For the rear TV I installed a companion receiver and a blue ray player. We set the system up as a whole home network. Now we can play anything front or rear and have the surround sound and DVD player front and a separate player in the rear. Works out as a very nice setup, just took a little work. As an addition I purchased the off air converter box from direct tv that put the local TV channels from the over the air antenna tv into the satellite TV guide so that we can use the DVR to record and pause the over the air signal.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:29 PM   #6

FR now installs metal pieces on the bottom edges of the large slides to stop the wear on the wood. They installed them on our 378 at the rally. I think they call them anti-wear bars. Seem to work well.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:21 PM   #7
WDK

I have been using baby powder on my seals....they slide and seal back just fine and so far after 9 months no visible wear and I don't have to pull them out to proper position as much.

WDK
WDK is offline   Reply With Quote