Old 06-30-2015, 09:41 AM   #1
Malfunctions on first trip 2015 Georgtown 377 XL

Trip from NJ to Martha's Vineyard Island, MA.
1. Side and backup cameras didn't work.
2. Upon arrival to site deployed levelers, two large slides went out with no problems. Rear bedroom slide would not go out. Discovered that there was a hydraulic leak in the system. The fill tank was low on hydraulic fluid so to save the trip fortunately at the campsite there was a person that helped me rig a funnel withe hose because the tank was inconveniently behind all the pressurized hoses. Had to physically push out the bedroom slide. After doing that found a large metal nut on the floor of the bedroom. Refilled the hydraulic tank.

3. Upon leaving the slides came in okay, levelers retracted. Got to Connecticut for a stop overnight. Levelers would not deploy, slides would not work at all.
Thank God for warranties.

rdg384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:15 AM   #2
7 Year Class A RV'er
Dumb question that I wouldn't ask except it happened to me on our first trip out. When the slides and jacks wouldn't deploy, was the engine running? Long story, but I didn't realize there was an interlock that kept the slides from working (and the awning) if the engine is running. Repair guy explained that some RV's interlock to the parking brake, others to the ignition. I just happen to have one that interlocks to the engine. Felt like an idiot but at least I know better next time.

2015 Legacy SR340 360RB
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:13 PM   #3
Lol, I found this out also the way you did. No the engine was not running.
rdg384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:17 PM   #4
Can you see if the main 100amp breaker has tripped?

It controls the levelers and the slides. It is usually located underneath the entrance steps into the motorhome. It's near the batteries and usually found on the back wall. You'll find a heavy gauge wire leading from the batteries to this breaker. Sometimes when tripped, you'll see a small red colored arm sticking out. Push it back in to reset.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:57 PM   #5
Welcome to the world of rv'ing. Unlike a new car, we are fully expected to find the things that don't work on our first trips. Once you get these sorted out, Rv life will be fun again! Good luck.
ottawapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:25 AM   #6
If you haven't seen any of the alignment threads take a look at this.
Get an alignment on your new motorhome within 90 days of purchase.

FR will be more than happy to have your front end aligned.

2012 Georgetown 360
SHE wanted "a new motorhome"
abjb is offline   Reply With Quote