Old 08-20-2016, 04:46 PM   #1
Massachusetts Excise Tax

Can anyone give me an estimate on how much the Massachusetts excise tax would be on a 2013 Georgetown XL. I realize that it will depend on the model and the manufacturers list price but I am just looking for a rough estimate.

I thought someone mentioned that it was based just on the Ford chassis list price and not the Georgetown list price (big difference).

Any insight would be appreciated.

McCamping Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:10 PM   #2
When I bought my 378 in 2011 the mass excise was 6700.00, since then it has come down year after year. Based on total unit value, not the chassis. They use blue book pricing. Now it's around 3900 annual. Good luck with that.

JimF, CWO, US Army Ret, 100% DAV
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2008 Dodge Caliber Toad
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:01 PM   #3
I purchased my 2014 Georgetown 377 in July 2015
Excuse tax was $800 for remainder of year. For 2016 it was $1900 . I live in MA.

Ron & Joanne
Bella The chihuahua
2014 Georgetown XL 377
2007 Jeep Liberty
ron377ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:24 AM   #4
Wow - there seems to be a big disparity between what people are paying. I think this is where someone told me that their Georgetown is titled as a Ford 5500 (i.e. The chassis) and I am assuming the state went off the blue book value for a Ford 5500 truck. Either way, it's a lot of money to pay for a vehicle that is on the road 5 to 10 times a year. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
McCamping Clan is offline   Reply With Quote