Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2010, 08:43 AM   #1

Maybe Someday

Well we are in our 6th week of not having our RV to use. Its been at the dealer trying to get a list of items fixed. The hardest one was the dash air. I printed off the post from this forum and took them with me, but the dealer does not work on airconditioners, so it had to be out sourced for repair. They have had it to 2 different shops, and finally found out it needed a part from FR. Got that part in and the head pressure on the compressor is way too high. Now its a Ford problem and no dealer in the central Arkansas area will work on a Class A. The nice lady at my FR dealer found a shop that will fix it and seems to have knowledge of what the problem is. The appointment is Friday, so we are hoping to get our Coach home early next week.
The good thing about this experince is I am still working,(15 Sep is last day) and we are having a heat wave that makes you want to stay home in the AC. Hope we will have everything fixed this time, we have a big trip planned for mid Sept to Colorado Rockies.
John Armstrong from FR has been a great help in all my issue with our RV and we look foreward to getting it home. He even got me reimbursted for the frontend allignment. Thanks John.
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #2

I feel your pain.......I picked mine up yesterday after over 4 weeks at the dealer. They did some paint damage, and when I got home went to plug in and the shoreline cord was separated from the plug as if it was driven while plugged in. Very disheartening. It seems like a neverending story
mr.ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ken View Post
I feel your pain.......I picked mine up yesterday after over 4 weeks at the dealer. They did some paint damage, and when I got home went to plug in and the shoreline cord was separated from the plug as if it was driven while plugged in. Very disheartening. It seems like a neverending story
We were fortunate that the 8 weeks our dealer had it when we first took it back was in January thru March. However they still weren't done and we had to pick it up due to having an appointment set up for the satellite dome installation and towing package.We had to make a return trip for completion but it was never really 100%. I made the last corrections myself [severed coaxial cable they claimed was fixed] and the third replacement of the great EXECUTIVE HTS-1000 Home Theatre System.
As for the cord seperating, it is most likely from the quality materials the cord is made of. I believe it shrinks and works right out of the plug. If driven I'd think it would be in two pieces. I've had two cords already, one replaced under warranty and I just replaced the plug on that cord this past Monday. Each time it has come apart about a 1/4 - 1/2 inch of the red, white, black and green wires are exposed. The Camco 50 Amp Plug replacement head is very nice with a plug handle.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #4

Thats interesting. I called the dealer to complain about the cord, and they sent a tech to my house(110 miles 1 way). My wife just texted that he is there with the new cord, and front TV#5. We are taking a weekend trip to disney friday, and once the paint is fixed, we might finally have the punchout work done so we can start to enjoy the rig...........I hope.......
Old 07-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #5

Disney question

Quote:
We are taking a weekend trip to disney friday,....
Where are you staying? We're going to be there next week. Oh wait - Disneyland or Disney World? (We're heading to SoCal). Anyone else with a suggestion on where to put the RV there?
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Thats interesting. I called the dealer to complain about the cord, and they sent a tech to my house(110 miles 1 way). My wife just texted that he is there with the new cord, and front TV#5. We are taking a weekend trip to disney friday, and once the paint is fixed, we might finally have the punchout work done so we can start to enjoy the rig...........I hope.......
That speaks well for your dealer. I was going to say have fun at Disney but who could go there and not have fun. Have a great trip!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
That speaks well for your dealer. I was going to say have fun at Disney but who could go there and not have fun. Have a great trip!
Thanks very much, we plan to have a great time........once we get back, we can get the paint fixed and hopefully be good to go......