Old 06-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #1

Michelin 235/80R22.5

Odd, finding that the Michelin tire size for our Georgetown is Michelin factory back ordered for over 2 months. Going with Bridgestone 245/75R22.5, about 1100.00 cheaper. Per the truck tire dealer, who carries both, the Bridgestone is very much the equal. Will see I guess. It's years not miles that are driving the replacement.

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #2

How about Goodyear? That's what came with my 351ds

KEliasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEliasz View Post
How about Goodyear? That's what came with my 351ds

Didn't find the appropriate size.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:14 PM   #4

Toyo's are compatible and much cheaper as well. Very happy with the ride
Mulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #5

The tires are changed and the Bridgestone are a nice looking tire, service wise we will have to see. These are low rolling resistance versus the Michelin, maybe it will equate to better fuel economy, we could all use that.

The dealer showed me the old tires and looking at the sidewall on the inside of the tire that had not been exposed to UV the cracking was the same, if not worse than the outside. Per the tire guy it was mainly caused by stress generated by parking to long in one spot. Had that experience with a TT once, the tire has sat so long that when I moved it the tire immediately failed. The same was going on with my Michelin tires. He, the truck tire guy, said they had never changed an RV tire for wear, always for age and sidewall cracks. Gauging the old tires we had ran off 1/32 of wear, almost nothing. The tires would have lasted several hundred thousand miles if ran like on an over the road truck. But he did think that 7 years was a good tire life. What do you say, it's just money, I'll make more.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:55 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
The tires are changed and the Bridgestone are a nice looking tire, service wise we will have to see. These are low rolling resistance versus the Michelin, maybe it will equate to better fuel economy, we could all use that.

The dealer showed me the old tires and looking at the sidewall on the inside of the tire that had not been exposed to UV the cracking was the same, if not worse than the outside. Per the tire guy it was mainly caused by stress generated by parking to long in one spot. Had that experience with a TT once, the tire has sat so long that when I moved it the tire immediately failed. The same was going on with my Michelin tires. He, the truck tire guy, said they had never changed an RV tire for wear, always for age and sidewall cracks. Gauging the old tires we had ran off 1/32 of wear, almost nothing. The tires would have lasted several hundred thousand miles if ran like on an over the road truck. But he did think that 7 years was a good tire life. What do you say, it's just money, I'll make more.
Let us know what you think of the ride and performance.
AquaMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Let us know what you think of the ride and performance.

Will do that.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #8

Was mistaken about the price on the Bridgestone 245/75R22.5, including taxes, spin balance, mount, excise tax, state tax, etc. Total for 6 is $2616.51. Not bad.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #9

Hi I have Georgetown 30x3 with just 3000 miles on it I did all the fixes,
CHF -- SUMOSPRINGS front and rear SAFE-T-PLUS steering,
Laser front end alignment Ian trying to get rid of the white knuckle driving
It was suggested to change the tires ? Now 245/70-R19.5. To 225/-70-22.5. Does this make a big difference or is it in the drives head,
I was thinking of just changing the front to the 225/70-R22.5 ? So with all the years of experience , give me some ideas, lam New and trying to make the handling some what tolerable, thank you looking forward to reading your ideas
1964chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #10
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964chevelle View Post
Hi I have Georgetown 30x3 with just 3000 miles on it I did all the fixes,
CHF -- SUMOSPRINGS front and rear SAFE-T-PLUS steering,
Laser front end alignment Ian trying to get rid of the white knuckle driving
It was suggested to change the tires ? Now 245/70-R19.5. To 225/-70-22.5. Does this make a big difference or is it in the drives head,
I was thinking of just changing the front to the 225/70-R22.5 ? So with all the years of experience , give me some ideas, lam New and trying to make the handling some what tolerable, thank you looking forward to reading your ideas

You can not just change the tires. You have to change the rims, the hubs and reprogram the speedometer/odometer for the larger tires. Also, there may not be clearance in the wheel wells for the larger tires. I certainly wouldn't just do the front. I would trade in my RV if I didn't already have 22.5" rims and felt I had to have them.