Old 08-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #1

Microwave Removal

Hi, I am new to the forum also. I have a FR 359 Georgetown XL (2006) and the latch on the Apollo 1/2 time micro/oven is broke. We took off the bezel on the front and loosened the bottom panel but found the oven seemed to be still held solidly in place. Does anyone know if there are other screws we missed or is it just the weight of the oven that holds it there (after the 5 screws in the front and the bezel are removed)? I saw online that Walmart has a similar oven for $199. The extended warranty on the coach has $200 deductable... go figure... LOL. Any insight with this problem would be helpful.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock
Hi, I am new to the forum also. I have a FR 359 Georgetown XL (2006) and the latch on the Apollo 1/2 time micro/oven is broke. We took off the bezel on the front and loosened the bottom panel but found the oven seemed to be still held solidly in place. Does anyone know if there are other screws we missed or is it just the weight of the oven that holds it there (after the 5 screws in the front and the bezel are removed)? I saw online that Walmart has a similar oven for $199. The extended warranty on the coach has $200 deductable... go figure... LOL. Any insight with this problem would be helpful.
Welcome to the forum!
Have you checked for bolts or screws from above?
Cabinet from above may hold the answers you seek.
Ron

Old 08-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #3

Thanks for the tip Ron but the cabinet does not have any screws or bolts into the top of the micro... just on badly aimed brad holding the shelf in place. It appears held in place by a lip on the upper part of the micro compartment. I was hoping to not have to bend the lip to get the unit out. Hopefully someone will have had this problem before.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock
Thanks for the tip Ron but the cabinet does not have any screws or bolts into the top of the micro... just on badly aimed brad holding the shelf in place. It appears held in place by a lip on the upper part of the micro compartment. I was hoping to not have to bend the lip to get the unit out. Hopefully someone will have had this problem before.
Any pics?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #5

Greetings and welcome

Google is your friend.

If you could post the manufacture and model someone on here will have or will find the install manual.

Hereís a manual for the ďHalfTime Oven 2X - Built-Inď.
http://halftimeovens.com/images/custom/Built_In_Install_Guide.pdf

found it here.
http://halftimeovens.com/halftime-oven-2x/halftime-oven-2x-built-in/

ab
Old 08-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post

If you have the trim off it looks like it will slide out after you remove these two screws and caps.

SEE PICTURE
Attached Images

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #7

The make is Apollo 1/2 Time Oven. The model is stamped on a plate on the underside of the unit according to the manuf. and I can't get the unit out easily to see it. (It would probably be too easy to emboss the model # on the inside of the over so when you open the door you could see it...oh, did I mention, I can't even open the door...LOL. I removed the outer frame (holding the light and fan switch) and 5 screws holding the bottom plate but cannot see where any other bolts or screws hold it in. It does not look like the installation diagram referenced above. I would sure like to know with what and where the unit is held in place. Since it is installed in the range hood over the cook top I am reluctant to just start tearing into things if there is an easier way. Oh, well, maybe best to take it in to the RV dealer and let them deal with it.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
The make is Apollo 1/2 Time Oven. The model is stamped on a plate on the underside of the unit according to the manuf. and I can't get the unit out easily to see it. (It would probably be too easy to emboss the model # on the inside of the over so when you open the door you could see it...oh, did I mention, I can't even open the door...LOL. I removed the outer frame (holding the light and fan switch) and 5 screws holding the bottom plate but cannot see where any other bolts or screws hold it in. It does not look like the installation diagram referenced above. I would sure like to know with what and where the unit is held in place. Since it is installed in the range hood over the cook top I am reluctant to just start tearing into things if there is an easier way. Oh, well, maybe best to take it in to the RV dealer and let them deal with it.
It might have a catch you might have to push the unit in to release or reveal another screw. Maybe push in and lift, slide sideways. It has to be a simple release.
Me, being the stubborn individual I am would not let a microwave get the best of me. If it is malfunctioning and going to be replaced, it would come out one way or the other.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #9

We just replaced our microwave with a convection microwave oven. To remove the old microwave, we found the following that may help you. In the cabinet above microwave there is 2 x 10 sandwiched between two 1/4" pieces of plywood. Once we removed the 1/4 round from inside the cabinet, we were able to remove the plywood from inside the cabinet bottom. Once we did that, we had access to the 2 screws that held the microwave in from the top. Hope this helps. Wife just loves the convection microwave.

Preston
Old 12-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #10

Quick update... Because of the way this unit was built in it could not be easily replaced and there is no replacement available from Appolo. However, Camping World came to the rescue by getting replacement parts and fixing the latch. Apparently this is a common problem as the tech told me it had already been fixed once and the unit is no longer made. All is well..lol. BTW, the fix cost less than a new one so life is good again.