Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2009, 01:55 AM   #1

mirrored cabinets

I have these mirrored doors on cabinets thoughout which I would think would be on most of the Georgetowns. Some of these mirrors come loose. Is anyone else having the same problem? What are you doing to fix it? I was going to put some Goop on it to hold it in place.
georgetown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown50 View Post
I have these mirrored doors on cabinets thoughout which I would think would be on most of the Georgetowns. Some of these mirrors come loose. Is anyone else having the same problem? What are you doing to fix it? I was going to put some Goop on it to hold it in place.
We only have the mirrors on our closet doors in the bedroom and so far no problems other than the wife hates all the mirrors in the bedroom. The entire back wall has a huge mirror on it as we opted not to have the rear window on ours.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #3

Mirrored cabinets

I've had several of my mirrors come loose. I reglued with a silicon glue that was
purchased at ACE Hardware. These mirrors seem to come loose very easily
tazzerbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzerbp View Post
I've had several of my mirrors come loose. I reglued with a silicon glue that was
purchased at ACE Hardware. These mirrors seem to come loose very easily
tazzerbp: Off topic here but your profile photo looks a lot like Goblin Valley SP in Utah. Is it?

The silicon glue is a good idea. Liquid nails construction adhesive is probably a really good choice as well.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I had a similar problem. Actually I left one open over the dinette before a trip. The next day I came home it was hanging on by about a 2 inch strip of whatever that stuff they used is. I used Liquid Nails in a caulk gun to reattach it. I'm keeping an eye on the medicine cabinet door-mirrors and plan to recaulk all of them once the weather is better. I think the stuff they used is effected by temperature to the point where it seperates from the wood after it expands and contracts.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #6

We are having the same problem with the mirrored closet doors on our 315 DS. Just returned from our first big road trip - LB, CA to SA, TX and back - and both mirrors are starting to come loose. I am going to hit them with liquid nails this weekend.
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #7

I agree that whatever they use must be cheap and affected by temperature. They use a lot of it but the mirrors on the closet doors have come loose and I have mirrors in the living room on the cabinets on over the couch...I'm needing to re-attach that. I'm going to use "Amazing Goop" from Ace Hardware. Wish me luck.
georgetown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Word of caution, there is a special mirror adhesive. Some glues eat the coating off the back of the mirror. I added mirrors inside my closet doors, and I used 3M Double-Sided foam tape. I understand this may not work as you can't or don't want to remove the mirrors. Might look for special mirror glue at Home Depot or Lowe's. They have it.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #9

I have the mirrors on my closet doors and medicine cabinet in the bathroom and yes they are coming loose. I am using aluminum tape to hold one in place right now until I get it back to the dealer. Mine is still under warranty.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #10

mirrored cabinets

I re-"HOT GLUED" all the loose mirrors.In the bedroom closet doors I removed the upper and lower catches.On the center post I ran a piece of 1/8x3/4 aluminum angle up the inside from top to bottom of cabinet to strengthen it(you can't see it from the outside).I then added one of the catches I removed half way up the door.It works great.The way it was from the factory you are pulling on the handle in the middle of the door and its actually bowing the door,hense loosening the mirrors.I left the medicine cbinet door alone.I don't think the door is long enough to bow.If it does I"ll go to the one catch system there also.Good luck
Mojo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:19 AM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo41 View Post
I re-"HOT GLUED" all the loose mirrors.In the bedroom closet doors I removed the upper and lower catches.On the center post I ran a piece of 1/8x3/4 aluminum angle up the inside from top to bottom of cabinet to strengthen it(you can't see it from the outside).I then added one of the catches I removed half way up the door.It works great.The way it was from the factory you are pulling on the handle in the middle of the door and its actually bowing the door,hense loosening the mirrors.I left the medicine cbinet door alone.I don't think the door is long enough to bow.If it does I"ll go to the one catch system there also.Good luck
Good idea! In my case a single catch would be fine since our closet is directly across from the bed. Both the bed and the closet are in slides and when closed the doors to the closets can't be opened anyway.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #12

Guys thanks for the information. So far non of mine have come loose. But I am going to check them. Goop does a good job. I don't leave home without a tube.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote