Old 06-13-2016, 07:45 PM   #131
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Tonight's mod. Got the BlueOx installed and the Jeep hooked up and ready for for our trip. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1465861498.129352.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	111030

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #132

Picked up our new 364 last week and did my first mod, a nice simple one to start! We have the passenger workstation and it was kind of a pain to pull it up out of its holding area so I attached a handle to it.

This weekend I plan to install some PVC pipes in the compartment over the propane tank to store the sewer hoses and have some more ambitious plans to rip out the bunkhouse bunks and install some cabinets and a desk.

I'd also like to install a power outlet in the cubby on either end where the drop-down bed is located. This will be the main bed for my daughter and I'd like to relocate one of the bunkhouse TVs to this location. I figure the best approach is to come from the over-sink TV compartment and tie into that outlet and run some romex either just under the cabinet or maybe inside the radio cabinet if I think I can get in there without destroying anything. Any tips here would be appreciated!

Old 07-28-2016, 12:31 PM   #133

I don't have the drop down bunk., But think I might want to add it. Can you tell me who makes the mechanism?
Old 07-28-2016, 12:32 PM   #134

Carmex,
Given what you are looking at doing I would look at putting a hole in the forward bulkhead next to the speaker, and from inside the compartment over the passenger seat. You've got electric and cable right there.
One thing to be careful with and consider is the White support cable then bends up when the bunk is stowed. I only say this because I've had things ripped out that I had in the compartment when opening the bunk. And having one of the little TV screens get scratched would not be fun. I would suggest a sliding panel/door/plexiglass or something to protect the TV from the opening and closing of the bunk cables. Something to think about... post pics! Great idea with the handle, I installed one on the center front underneath of the bed to make opening that easier, and I know the wife has had issues opening the table so thanks for the idea.

SternHappens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:12 PM   #135

Awesome ideas, thanks! I hadn't thought to look in the front compartments for power. that would be much, much more convenient.

360true I'll examine the bunk when I get home and see if I can figure out who makes it.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:37 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmex View Post
Picked up our new 364 last week and did my first mod, a nice simple one to start! We have the passenger workstation and it was kind of a pain to pull it up out of its holding area so I attached a handle to it.

This weekend I plan to install some PVC pipes in the compartment over the propane tank to store the sewer hoses and have some more ambitious plans to rip out the bunkhouse bunks and install some cabinets and a desk.

I'd also like to install a power outlet in the cubby on either end where the drop-down bed is located. This will be the main bed for my daughter and I'd like to relocate one of the bunkhouse TVs to this location. I figure the best approach is to come from the over-sink TV compartment and tie into that outlet and run some romex either just under the cabinet or maybe inside the radio cabinet if I think I can get in there without destroying anything. Any tips here would be appreciated!

There are outlets in the cabinets behind the bunk. Just need to extend one over to cubby
Old 07-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #137

Just checked, There is absolutely no identifying plate or numbers of any kind on the fold down bunk. You would probably have to go through Forest River to see if you could order what is required.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:49 PM   #138

Question: several of the outlets I've noticed only have 1 usable plug on them and it is just blank on the other half. Any good reason for this? I am planning to swap out at least one of them for a double outlet kind.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:53 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmex View Post

Best modification we ever made on our 351 - used a 5x5 plastic fencepost and some plastic gutter as a slide - attached with heavy duty zip ties underneath. We had to run it diagonally in our 351, from the propane area to the battery area (next to the entry stairs) for it to fit. Works like a charm!

Garren
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:20 PM   #140

Carmex, I think it's a matter of cost, the one plug outlet probably cheaper than the normal double. I have replaced a few of mine with regular double outlets, no issues.

Tags
modifications