Old 09-19-2016, 04:55 PM   #161

I wish they would make that counter extension available as an accessory on their website. It's a great idea

Old 09-19-2016, 07:17 PM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by SternHappens View Post
Toolman 57, can you give some details on the inverter rewire? was that all accomplished under the sink somewhere?
x2 thank you

borba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:29 PM   #163
dfp

Glad I just found this thread. I am a new Georgetown owner, 2015 GT 310 DS, and most of the warranty issues have been resolved. I am now looking at a few mods of my own. An inverter is needed and I am looking at a Magnum MS2012/20B. The problem is that the batteries are towards the front of the rig and the compartment with existing charger and etc. is at the rear. Basement storage is limited, nothing that is enclosed or sealed from the weather is close to the batteries. Looks like at least 40 feet of number 1 wire would be needed. Not the most efficient installation plan. Any ideas?

I have added the MaxAir powered fan and cover and also plan to take the couch out to be replaced by two easy chairs.

David Pierce
2010 Subaru Forester Towed
Old 09-20-2016, 01:09 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp View Post
Glad I just found this thread. I am a new Georgetown owner, 2015 GT 310 DS, and most of the warranty issues have been resolved. I am now looking at a few mods of my own. An inverter is needed and I am looking at a Magnum MS2012/20B. The problem is that the batteries are towards the front of the rig and the compartment with existing charger and etc. is at the rear. Basement storage is limited, nothing that is enclosed or sealed from the weather is close to the batteries. Looks like at least 40 feet of number 1 wire would be needed. Not the most efficient installation plan. Any ideas?

I have added the MaxAir powered fan and cover and also plan to take the couch out to be replaced by two easy chairs.

David Pierce
It is always advantageous to install the invertor closest to the battery power. That way it is minimal power loss on the DC side.
Also it would be easier and more cost effective to run 120 volt AC #14 romex to the outlets you want powered.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #165
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

As iggy said, if you're going to run wire run the A/C side the longest length. Much easier and cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:56 PM   #166
dfp

Mods to My Georgetown

David Pierce
Old 09-20-2016, 10:05 PM   #167
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by borba View Post
x2 thank you
Wow. I haven't checked the forum in over a month. My mods are to the 364 so I'm not sure if they'll work on your MH. Anyhoo, the short story is that I tapped into the junction box behind the inverter--the power line going to the fridge. I ran the outdoor romex out of the inverter bin through an existing hole, along the frame to the battery compartment and up through the existing hole going under the sink cabinet. I ran this wire into the existing outlet in the cabinet next to the entry way. I capped off and taped the wire that was previously wired to the outlet.

The TV in the 364 is above the sink. Behind my TV I have a UPS box that powers the TV, Dish receiver and Tivo (i know--we call it glam-ping). When I'm not on shore or gen power, I run the UPS power wire to the outlet next to the sink and power it from the inverter.

I have since added another cable to the outlet under sink and ran it under the MH to the left front slider to power my theater recliner seats (actually all the outlets in the slider).

It all works pretty well. It's nice to have the power in the slider for the grandkids to use their laptops/charge their phones, etc. when sitting at the table/in the chairs going down the road and my wife is very happy with the ability to watch the recorded shows on TV. That 2000W inverter handles it all without any issue. The power from the engine alternater keeps the batteries topped off as long as we're moving--but the four batteries on the other hand can drain pretty quickly so we have to take it easy when dry camping. You should pictures of these mods earlier in this thread. If not, send me a note and I'll forward my pictures in an email.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:19 PM   #168
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouownbeer View Post
Did you remove the hinged seat cushions so those cots Sit flat? Do you have link to that specific cot? Thanks
Sorry, haven't been on the forum for a while.

I gave up on the cot idea after the first time trying to use it. The air mattress wasn't stable/safe on the two cots. The cots were stable, but too long to get around between the fridge and the end of the cots. I think there's a solution to be had, but not "off the shelf."
Old 09-21-2016, 12:16 PM   #169
dfp

Inverter installation research

Dear Toolman,

I'm working on a number of problems, the first is how to manage and work with this web page because I respond to something but soon to forget exactly where that was.

We have just moved from a Safari Trek so am trying to copy what we had there. I should be able to tie into the circuits from shore power and geneset at just one point with the inverter and power all 110 plugs or am I missing something.? I will also be adding solar at some point as we do a lot of boon docking.

As for TV, we need it for the grandchildren and I am thinking of going for the Tailgater unit. The electric driven comfort chairs sound interesting as we are getting rid of the couch but were thinking of lounge chairs.

David
suedavidpierce@gmail.com
206 491 0045
Old 09-22-2016, 05:55 PM   #170
dfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SternHappens View Post
toolman 57 Great ideas. I thought about the 5star tune. What is your opinion, do you think it was worth it or only marginal?
I'm new to the Georgetown Forester w/V10 but what is a 5star tune and does it impact the warranty?

David
2015 GT310DS

Tags
modifications