Old 09-23-2016, 12:06 PM   #171
Originally Posted by dfp View Post
I'm new to the Georgetown Forester w/V10 but what is a 5star tune and does it impact the warranty?

2015 GT310DS
Modifies the fuel maps and shifting points that ford programed into the onboard computer. They send you a kit and software specific to the serial number of your onboard computer--you download and save the factory program and upload the new program into the computer. There is a possibility that it could impact your ford 3-year warranty--use at your own risk. For some ford engines 5star will replace your warranty if there are issues, but as far as I know they don't cover our F53 chassis v-10.

You can set the programming back to original but there may be ways for the dealer/ford to find out that you changed the programming. Also some states don't like you to mess with the tuning of your vehicle.

Those are your risks for the first three years. I really like the added power and torque (not much but I can feel it) and I especially like the change in shift points and the use of 4th gear. Here's the info: Got a 1998-2015 V10 RV? - 5 Star Tuning

toolman_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 08:38 PM   #172
Added the 5-Star Tune one year after buying my 2015 GT. Yes, there is a little more power, but the bigger plus is the shifting sequence makes it all so much smother. Very few screaming 5,000 rpm shifts. And, because of that, it's a lot quieter in the coach since shifting is more efficient. On top of all this, I am getting about 2-5% better mileage. With the driving I do, it will pay for itself in about a year.

2015 GT 364TSF
Vince and Charlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:15 AM   #173
was it a pain to power that tv and plugs i dont know why 2000 inverter to power a refridge

jplacz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote