Old 03-24-2016, 11:47 AM   #31

Since this thread started out about "Mods to my 2015 364", let me jump in and ask a mod-related question. I have TST TPMS on my MH and toad. For a little extra insurance, I bought the "TPMS Repeater" due to the distance from the MH cab to the toad tires. It requires 12-24v DC electric. Other than tearing into the wiring on the overhead rear bathroom light, I am at a total loss as to where to mount this thing near a source of DC power. Any suggestions?

Old 03-24-2016, 12:13 PM   #32

We just added the Tire Minder TPMS system to our 364. I attached the Booster to the battery compartment directly behind the passenger door. Seems to be able to read the back toad just fine right now.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:23 PM   #33

Thanks. Sounds like you're saying it's a "booster" and not just a "repeater" as the package says.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:21 PM   #34

Since they are different manufacturers I think they are using different terminology just to confuse all of us. But I think the function of each is the same.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:11 PM   #35

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
Anyone with a 2016 done the tune, transmission is the new 6 speed which should avoid the downshifting as much as the 5 speed?
I just bought a tune from 5star at the FMCA rally in Perry GA. I have only driven from Perry to Chattanooga TN and I'm sure glad I have it. While I was dealing with there representative someone came up and asked about the 2016 6 speed and he told him that he had received a call that day that the 6speed was now ready.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:10 PM   #36

We are very interested in the 364TS. We will be full-timing and I am a software engineer and will be working full time from the RV. Our idea was to rip out the bunks and put in a desk and maybe some cabinets to create a small office area. Very curious to hear from owners about the feasibility of this plan and any challenges we may run in to.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2016, 08:53 PM   #37
toolman_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmex View Post
We are very interested in the 364TS. We will be full-timing and I am a software engineer and will be working full time from the RV. Our idea was to rip out the bunks and put in a desk and maybe some cabinets to create a small office area. Very curious to hear from owners about the feasibility of this plan and any challenges we may run in to.

Thanks!
As discussed earlier in this thread I removed the top bunk but left the bottom in place. It was much more difficult than I hoped it would be, primarily because I wanted to be able to re-install it later. The bed frame I removed is made from aluminum square tubing with a top and bottom cover. There are screws that come from the outside in that must have been installed before the paneling on the outside of the bunk (in the angled corner). I had to use a cutting tool to get the frame removed from that corner. The rest of the top bunk is supported underneath by a 90 degree bracket that runs the length of the bed. Needless to say, it's very solid. Once the bunk is removed you'll see that the moulding isn't really that cleanly done. I ran a 3 inch wide molding strip around the inside of the bunk area to cover the marks/holes left by the missing bunk.

Since I use both mattresses on the bottom bed now, the window at the bottom is pretty hard to use (the crank handle is behind the mattress). I also moved one of the tv shelves up a bit since it interfered with the bottom bed. If I had to do it over, I'd consider ordering it from the factory that way (if possible to order these anymore).

Overall, I'm happy with the result. My mother in law really likes her bunk and since she's almost 90 it really is easy for her to get out of the bed and into the bathroom. Once I get the motorhome back from the dealer (final round of waranty repairs), I'll take some pictures to show you the frame (removed) and the new bunk area.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:05 PM   #38
toolman_57

On another note--I telework from ours. When we're parked, I place the sink covers on the passenger side of the dash, stick a samsung 32 inch 1080p smart tv on there (stowed in the closet during travel), and use my laptop as a keyboard/computer on the fold out tray. I found a really good noise cancelling headset that has a noise cancelling mic. I also ran an audio cable to the recliners for my passengers to plug in some headphones in case they want to watch TV while I'm working and on a call. Of course, if you're new to this, there's a universal truth--campground wifi $%^.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:14 AM   #39

Question regarding the CHF for those who have done it. I don't feel like wind guts or passing semi's affect me much when on the interstate, my issue seems to be the constant rocking back and forth of the steering wheel, much like keeping a boat tracking straight in a light chop. Will the CHF affect this or would I still need to look at a steering stabilizer?

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:57 PM   #40

Unfortunately not, I did the CHF and I still have the exact same issue. I will be lowering my tire pressure to 75 LBS, as per my weights and the Michelin guide, from the 90 that is in it now to see if that helps. If not, it looks like I will be getting some kind of steering stabilizer.

Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications