Old 12-03-2015, 07:57 PM   #1

Mold under clear film

We have a 2011 373 Georgetown, we wash it often to keep it clean, but within the past year, we have noticed that the clear flim that is on the front end, there seems to what looks like mold film. No matter what can't seem to get it off, it's like the mold is between the clear film and paint. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 12-03-2015, 08:30 PM   #2
Casper

We have a 2015 328 TS and so far we don't have any. But FR has painted the front end twice due to paint flaws.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpfosterjr View Post
We have a 2011 373 Georgetown, we wash it often to keep it clean, but within the past year, we have noticed that the clear flim that is on the front end, there seems to what looks like mold film. No matter what can't seem to get it off, it's like the mold is between the clear film and paint. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes I've seen it in a number of Diesel pushers. Normally starts near 10 year age. It's harmless mold but under the shield cannot be removed. Only cure is to have a shop remove the shield very carefully, paint stays intact.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:52 PM   #4

That's what I was thinking, getting a body shop to try and remove the clear film. Thanks
Old 12-04-2015, 07:24 AM   #5

One vendor I've seen it, Dazzling Detail, Orlando Fl. 1-877-232-0100 or 407-948-9284. Dazzlingdetail@live.com great job.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:47 AM   #6

Thanks, will look into it
Old 12-05-2015, 07:17 AM   #7

Just removed the diamond shield from my 378, the mold is between the clear and the paint and no other way to remove it. If you take it to a vendor to remove, it will not be cheap. In most cases when you remove the film, some (or most) of the glue residue will remain and be a PITA to get off. Worst case scenario some paint will come off with the film. I was fortunate that most of my glue came off with the film, the areas that did not I used 3M adhesive remover to get it off (tried several methods and 3m worked the best) Good luck, and hope you dont have any issues.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:54 AM   #8

Call Diamond Shield. Their rep removed my original clear covering and replaced it. It might be under warranty.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:22 PM   #9

Unfortunately I wasn't the original owner and the lifetime warranty isn't transferable
Old 12-05-2015, 01:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
Just removed the diamond shield from my 378, the mold is between the clear and the paint and no other way to remove it. If you take it to a vendor to remove, it will not be cheap. In most cases when you remove the film, some (or most) of the glue residue will remain and be a PITA to get off. Worst case scenario some paint will come off with the film. I was fortunate that most of my glue came off with the film, the areas that did not I used 3M adhesive remover to get it off (tried several methods and 3m worked the best) Good luck, and hope you dont have any issues.

Why did you have to remove it so soon. How did you do it?

Tags
mold