Old 02-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #31

The hydraulic motor is leaking oil on my 2010 Georgetown 378. The mechanic took it off to check if there were seals to replace but didn't see any. I contacted Lippert, they simply said to get a new one. I think they are around $1,200 bucks for a POS chinese motor they probably only pay $200 for. Anyone have a remedy for this? MattM

Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #32
Happy Homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to guizzi
Hello

all of my orange hoses have buldg in them i am going to Elkart in april to have them all replace,the first week i had the 2011 378ts they had to change the Hydraulic pump
one hose in florida,one hose in Canada
but the service from Forest river is excellent thanks to John and April not t forget Rick Black

Old 02-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM
The hydraulic motor is leaking oil on my 2010 Georgetown 378. The mechanic took it off to check if there were seals to replace but didn't see any. I contacted Lippert, they simply said to get a new one. I think they are around $1,200 bucks for a POS chinese motor they probably only pay $200 for. Anyone have a remedy for this? MattM
Yes go to IRV2 site, monoco motorhomes. Search for lippert hyd pump. Fellow in there rebuilt pump like ours with pictures, VG job. Yes there is a seal, if let go will destroy motor in short ortder. 10 dollar seal or complete unit?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
In case you haven't found the overhaul file, here it is in Word format
Attached Files
File Type: docx Lippert Seal Replacementw.docx (114.0 KB, 44 views)
Old 03-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #35

Thanks Vince. I hope that never happens but I have saved the document for future reference. Sounds cut and dry if you still have a good motor and pump.

I always try not to heat up the pump by over working it.
I usually just level my MH first with my engine running and the house batteries fully charged.

After level I go out and plug in shore power and spend the next few minutes checking power and hooking up my water hose and sewer line.

Then I go back inside and start extending each slide. I usually wait a few minutes if it ios hot outside to insure I don't heat up the motor.

I also have marked my reseviour tank with two marks.
One when all slides ar ein and jacks up. (HIGH MARK)

Then another lower mark when all jacks are down and lside are out.

This way I always know if I have lost any fluid with a leak.

My lines have been totally replaced last year and have setup and tore down campsites 30 times and no leaks or loss of fluid.
(keeping fingers crossed)

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #36

I too had all the hoses replaced due to bulging after about 2500 miles worth of campsites and so far after about 30 campsites no leakage or bulging has occured. I went directly to Lippert with the bulging issue instead of FR and was able to select a repair facility of my choosing to have the warranty work performed (7 miles from home). It's 100 miles to the place I purchased the unit (2012 378TS) and that's where I would have to take it if FR got involved. Lippert was prompt with shipping to the repair facility and all the paper work was handled by the repair facility. I also went to Lippert direct with an issue I had with their electric steps. They sent me the parts (no charge) and installation data. It was a pleasure working with Lippert. They do have some issues with their systems and they seem to acknowledge that but my experience with them was very pleasant. Just thought some out there might want to know.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Thanks Vince. I hope that never happens but I have saved the document for future reference. Sounds cut and dry if you still have a good motor and pump.

I always try not to heat up the pump by over working it.
I usually just level my MH first with my engine running and the house batteries fully charged.

After level I go out and plug in shore power and spend the next few minutes checking power and hooking up my water hose and sewer line.

Then I go back inside and start extending each slide. I usually wait a few minutes if it ios hot outside to insure I don't heat up the motor.

I also have marked my reseviour tank with two marks.
One when all slides ar ein and jacks up. (HIGH MARK)

Then another lower mark when all jacks are down and lside are out.

This way I always know if I have lost any fluid with a leak.

My lines have been totally replaced last year and have setup and tore down campsites 30 times and no leaks or loss of fluid.
(keeping fingers crossed)
Good ops, last thing I do is raise the jacks before bringing in slides. Reason being the tank is lowest when everthing is "out". Jacks have the most returning fluid volume by far. If raised first tank has plenty of room to accept return oil, thus prevent surging out the vent cap. After jacks up bring slides in one at a time and spaced for motor cool as you said. Last in is bedroom with the smallest volume of oil. Haven't had wet storage tank in over a year now due to no more overflow.

Tags
378ts