Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #1

More problems

Left a bit late last night from home to our camp spot and found a few annoying things and a cable problem.

Fitst thing I noticed is that for night driving, I have sensitive eyes, the radio's bright display does not dimm along with the dash lights. FR did not hook up the dimmer cable to the radio. Also, some of the dash switches have a bright bulb in them that is always on. Those should also dimm along with the dash. I'm going to have to remove the bulbs or install a tint sleeve on them to dimm them a bit.

I also found out how the drivers side map light works. I thought it was faulty because it did not turn on with the map light switch on the center dash. It actually comes on if you slide the dimmer switch all the way up.

Another annoying thing was this crazy body roll. Since I like driving it between 60 - 65 MPH I'm always in the slow lane. On major highways is no big deal but on others that's were the semis drive and the roads tend to be wavy. On a couple of slight curves my coach was pushed into the Brazil and it actually took effort to get it back in lane and the whole rear end felt like it was leaning way over to the right.

Last but not least, we got to our spot in the dark. Got everything hooked up and everything worked fine for the exception go the TVs cable. I switch the splitter box to the cable position and the scan find 0 channels. I thought maybe they installed the cables in the wrong inputs in that splitter box, but I tried all three positions to no avail. I do get regular had air channels so I know that part is working. Anyone else experienced this problem. I'll end up finding the problem but before I dig in it would be nice to know if it's a common problem and the fix.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #2

Oh and I forgot to mention that the full size fridge did not come on after disconnecting shore power. What do I need to do to make it work on the two batteries?
Old 10-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #3

Sounds like the "brand new coach" type of gremlins. Except for the body roll stuff. Look up "cheap handling fix" and ensure you have the proper tire pressure in all 6 tires.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
Oh and I forgot to mention that the full size fridge did not come on after disconnecting shore power. What do I need to do to make it work on the two batteries?
Is your fridge a residential or RV style fridge? If an RV type ensure it is set to AUTO.
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Old 10-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
Is your fridge a residential or RV style fridge? If an RV type ensure it is set to AUTO.
oh, I know the Dometic rv fridges too well. Had to fix the one in our TT three times and why we fell in love with this coach with a residential fridge.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
Sounds like the "brand new coach" type of gremlins. Except for the body roll stuff. Look up "cheap handling fix" and ensure you have the proper tire pressure in all 6 tires.
anyone know the recommended tire pressure or where the decal is?
Old 10-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #7

Quote:
oh, I know the Dometic rv fridges too well. Had to fix the one in our TT three times and why we fell in love with this coach with a residential fridge.
If residential then there should be an associated inverter, is it turned on?
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Old 10-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #8

I don't know. There are 5 switches by the entry door (battery storage control, entrance step, outside light, awning, and pro watt sw). Batt control is on. I believe that one disconnect the batteries entirely for Lon time storage. I don't know what pro watt sw is for.

Oh, and what is ICC Flash for on the dash.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:48 AM   #9

Quote:
anyone know the recommended tire pressure or where the decal is?

What is the tire size and load rating?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
What is the tire size and load rating?
the decal was right there in from of my face. It says 92 psi on all tires including the spare. Is there a spare in this coach? I can't find it.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #11

I.C.C. flash switch.

Hi alparmmer, The Icc flash is for when you pass a semi at nght. The trucker will flash his headlights to let you know you can pull back in front of him, Yoou flash the Icc switch to thank him. The switch flashes your rear clearance lights.
martin73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #12

Cool thanks for the reply
Old 10-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #13

if you hook up to cable be sure to turn off the antenna boost...
fullenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullenw View Post
if you hook up to cable be sure to turn off the antenna boost...
the booster was off. I need to trouble shoot it. I'll post what I find.