Old 09-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #1

Motorized Front Shade Stopped going down

We just picked up our new Georgetown 350 last week (2013 model). We love it !! However it has had a few problems to start out and the most frustrating is the motorized shade stopped working and will only go up. Has anyone else had this problem and is there an easy fix?

Thanks

Old 09-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
410 QS 425 2011 Birkshire

re-programming automated sunshade instructions

Old 09-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
Navion IQ 24V

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGOBlue View Post
We just picked up our new Georgetown 350 last week (2013 model). We love it !! However it has had a few problems to start out and the most frustrating is the motorized shade stopped working and will only go up. Has anyone else had this problem and is there an easy fix?

Thanks
Mine quit working while we were doing the initial shakedown on the lot. They replaced it on the spot and has been trouble free since.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #4

Quote:

Thanks

You do know that if the engine is running it only goes down about a foot.
Only when you have the engine off it will go down all the way.
Just wanted to check if you knew this.
Check the document above on how to re-program it.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #5

Quote:

Thanks
Its not simple, recommend your dealer does it when you get your repair list together. Biggest problem is access
Old 10-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #6

Our 378 is in the shop right now for this same problem. The darn thing simply will not hold it settings. I have reprogrammed it at least 25 times. I REPROGRAMMED IT EXACTLY LIKE THE MANUAL SAID TO. The reprogramming "may" last a day then it has a mind of it's own again. Called the factory (MCD Innovations) and the tech said it was low battry voltage. Checked the voltage at the switch numerious times and it showed 12.3 to 12.9 volts everytime. Not low voltage!!!!!! MCD sent a new motor assembly at cost and I went to take the shade down, couldn't get it down and decided not to let my anger with this piece of c*** cause me to rip it down and replace with towel or something that works. Took it to the dealer to have the new motor installed. The motor was about $60 and probably an hour of labor at the dealership. WE SHALL SEE.......
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #7

I called United Shade and the tech support guy walked me through the reprogramming. It works fine for the moment. We'll see how long it lasts.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
Our 378 is in the shop right now for this same problem. The darn thing simply will not hold it settings. I have reprogrammed it at least 25 times. I REPROGRAMMED IT EXACTLY LIKE THE MANUAL SAID TO. The reprogramming "may" last a day then it has a mind of it's own again. Called the factory (MCD Innovations) and the tech said it was low battry voltage. Checked the voltage at the switch numerious times and it showed 12.3 to 12.9 volts everytime. Not low voltage!!!!!! MCD sent a new motor assembly at cost and I went to take the shade down, couldn't get it down and decided not to let my anger with this piece of c*** cause me to rip it down and replace with towel or something that works. Took it to the dealer to have the new motor installed. The motor was about $60 and probably an hour of labor at the dealership. WE SHALL SEE.......
Got it back yesterday and it seems to be working with the new motor assembly. Only time will tell.
Kirby the Old Dog, passed but still in our hearts
Max E. Dog, the new pup
Eureka the Old Cat, still hangin' on
Lostdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
Got it back yesterday and it seems to be working with the new motor assembly. Only time will tell.
If it fails again, try measuring the voltage while the shade is moving. A bad connection from the battery may show full voltage with no load but should show a lower voltage when the motor is drawing current.

Phil
Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #10

To All, another point to watch for. I had same problem and reset and worked fine until the Passenger side screws that hold the shade up, vibrated loose and shade was moving off center and chewed up passenger side edge of shade. I am out of warranty so they fixed screws, no charge, but stuck with shade. Not a major problem as the damaged area is in the track and not that noticeable. Just FYI.