Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #1

Need contact infor for forest rivers for georgetown

I had written down the contact info posted here and now I cannot find it. My left side camera, 2011 360 Georgetown, has gone out, first yesterday, the camera was foggy, I checked and had moisture behind lens, today no camera at all screen is blank for left camera, only word left at top. Also the camera system goes haywire when you turn the headlights on, have to manualy put cam back on rear, to observe toad, every time turn signal activates. Appreciate any help, as I am 1yr out of warranty but feel this is cheap product. Thanks all.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
PPST OGCDG

These are for Wildcat. Maybe they can direct you to the right person.

Wildcat Chris
Forest River Forums - View Profile: Wildcat Chris

Wildcat Steve
Forest River Forums - View Profile: Wildcat Steve

Here's the numbers:

East Coast Warranty Assistance
Rod Batts
574-206-7609
574-206-2484 Fax
rbatts@forestriverinc.com

Forest River
Attn: Rod Batts
55135 County Road 1
Elkhart, IN 46514

Customer Service for Parts & Repair
Kyle Hilliard
khilliard@forestriverinc.com

Wildcat Parts
(574) 206-7615
Kyle for Wildcat parts.... 574-206-7600

Wildcat West Coast Contact Information

Beverly R. Scott
Service, Parts & Warranty
Office Manager
Forest River Inc.
Phone # (503) 831-5413
Fax # (503) 831-5997
bscott@forestriverinc.com
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #3

I have heard others having issues like yours.
First check all your marker lights and turn signal bulbs.
If they are OKthen I would suggest to check your monitors ground connection.

If it is till under warantee dealer first then a call to one of these two for the Georgetown

Steven Stombaugh
Georgetown Service and Warranty
574-206-7611 or 574-389-4600
574-206-2484 Fax
sstombaugh@forestriverinc.com

Ms April Conner
Office 574-206-7603
AConner@ForestRiverInc.com
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #4

Big thanks to all who responded. I have found that the side cameras (color) are Primeter View 20-CS-110, mfg Mito Corp, Elkhart, IN. None of my documentation has any warranty info. I have sent an e-message, on their web site and hope to hear next week. I have the phone number if any one needs it. I have seen numerous mentions of the same/similar problems but a lot do not mention B/W or Color on cams. Again thanks for info and I will also contact FR for their input.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
When I turned on my right signal the monitor would run through right, left, rear and then keep on doing that until I would push the button for the rear then it would stay there until I again tuned on the signal. John at Forest River had me try disconnecting the front marker lights. When that didn't work he suggested running a new ground to the circuit. After trying this we found out that the bulb in the right signal was burned out when we replaced it that fixed it and has been fine for over a year.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by copsuno
Big thanks to all who responded. I have found that the side cameras (color) are Primeter View 20-CS-110, mfg Mito Corp, Elkhart, IN. None of my documentation has any warranty info. I have sent an e-message, on their web site and hope to hear next week. I have the phone number if any one needs it. I have seen numerous mentions of the same/similar problems but a lot do not mention B/W or Color on cams. Again thanks for info and I will also contact FR for their input.
I had the exact same problem and Perimeter View had me send the old camera in and they replace it for free even though it was out of warranty (it has a one year warranty) The phone number is 888-433-6486.

Nice folks and I mailed it from the post office for about 5 bucks including $250 insurance. I also want to note that there are times you will see moisture behind the lens and will have a foggy picture when it's cool and damp out. However, that should clear up as it warms up. It sounds like the moisture got inside the actual electronics.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #7

Unhappy No help for me

[QUOTE=Trempert;368126]I had the exact same problem and Perimeter View had me send the old camera in and they replace it for free even though it was out of warranty (it has a one year warranty) The phone number is 888-433-6486.

Nice folks and I mailed it from the post office for about 5 bucks including $250 insurance. I also want to note that there are times you will see moisture behind the lens and will have a foggy picture when it's cool and damp out. However, that should clear up as it warms up. It sounds like the moisture got inside the actual electronics.[
I called and was told, nicely, that since I am 1yr out of warranty that they will not assist me with the camera. The person I spoke with did offer to sell me a new camera for $106.00. They would not give details on replacement. So for all the info is that the cameras have a flaw apparently, which the company denies and stated that less than 1% go bad. I am trying to decide if I want to spend the money. Just wanted to up date you.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #8

[QUOTE=copsuno;369884]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post
I had the exact same problem and Perimeter View had me send the old camera in and they replace it for free even though it was out of warranty (it has a one year warranty) The phone number is 888-433-6486.

Nice folks and I mailed it from the post office for about 5 bucks including $250 insurance. I also want to note that there are times you will see moisture behind the lens and will have a foggy picture when it's cool and damp out. However, that should clear up as it warms up. It sounds like the moisture got inside the actual electronics.[
I called and was told, nicely, that since I am 1yr out of warranty that they will not assist me with the camera. The person I spoke with did offer to sell me a new camera for $106.00. They would not give details on replacement. So for all the info is that the cameras have a flaw apparently, which the company denies and stated that less than 1% go bad. I am trying to decide if I want to spend the money. Just wanted to up date you.

If you need the side camera for $106 is cheap for a color side camera.
I think the best price I have seen is $329 unless someone has a better locations and price.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #9

Just one other comment and all probably know this. If there is direct sunlight on the camera lens it may appear washed out and might be mistaken for malfunction.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #10

Camera

[QUOTE=Iggy;369917]
Quote:
Originally Posted by copsuno View Post

If you need the side camera for $106 is cheap for a color side camera.
I think the best price I have seen is $329 unless someone has a better locations and price.
The $106.00 is camera only, no hardwear other than the 18in coax connector cable. Those $300 plus figures are for a pair and include housing and hardwear. I am going to pay it, I just feel that for the sealed lens to develope moisture and apparently short out the cam is more of a product issue and had hoped they would re work it or furnish a new one gratius. Btw they do not rebuild cameras. I guess this ends my latest saga, on positive note, have 18k on her now and we still going.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #11
Tim & Lisa Trempert

$106 is a great deal. You can't buy just one camera through the dealer so they have to order two for $300 plus.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #12

Final up date on this issue. Got my camera yesterday, totoal cost with shipping Fed Ex, $126.52. Looked the install of the camera over and decided it would not be too hard. Found the cam wire where it came thru fiberglass, in front of left front tire and was snaked thru an opening to the front of engine compartment. The coupling of the camera wire and the wire to monitor was easy to locate. A word of warning. With the coupling in front of enging compartment heat had baked the plastic cap on monitor cable that screws on to camera cable to make the connection secure. When I touched it to un screw it, it crumbled. I still was able to take old camera off, mount new one and route cable same way, but had to settle for electrical tape, after the connection was made. Volia! I have a left turn cam, functioning fine. last note, I had same problem others had, when you turn headlights on camers started acting weird. Double checked and my right front turn signal was not flashing, the ticker on dash was flashing and rear worked but the front right was lit up solid and not flashing. had this fixed and cameras work fine now when headlights are cut on. I hope this helps someone else with cam issues. It really is not a big deal to replace them. Safe travels to all.