Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2016, 09:54 PM   #11
Member
 
borba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Gatineau Quebec Canada
Posts: 97
try to load pics don't now y not working the dirt that was clogging the valve looks like saw dust [attach][attach]Click image for larger version

Name:	13533013_10209761672507684_2558764823447983382_n.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	112880

Click image for larger version

Name:	13592342_10209761672147675_5429066446986878620_n.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	112881[/attach][/attach]
__________________

__________________
2015-georgetown 378xl
2013-ford fx4
2009-harley flhx
borba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:18 AM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aston, Pa.
Posts: 62
It is not saw dust. It is particles from your anode rod in your hot water heater. Been down this road tooooo many times.
__________________

__________________
Paul S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:52 AM   #13
Site Team
 
KyDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 6,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S. View Post
It is not saw dust. It is particles from your anode rod in your hot water heater. Been down this road tooooo many times.
I'm pretty sure my toilet is not fed from the water heater!
The OP doesn't say age of trailer. If it's new the "saw dust" might be plastic
shavings from when they hole sawed the fill hole in the fresh water tank. Or it might actually be saw dust from cutting faucet mounting holes or pass thru holes in walls while open plumbing lines are laying around.
Anyway it sounds like a happy ending for Frank!

Happy Trails!
__________________
Peace!
Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:12 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by borba View Post
try to load pics don't now y not working the dirt that was clogging the valve looks like saw dust [attach][attach]Attachment 112880

Attachment 112881[/attach][/attach]
Is the toilet the only water user that get clogged like that?

Outside shower, bathroom faucet?
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:55 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
kenandterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eastern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,328
You should check the filter screens attached to the faucet heads (kitchen, bathroom) from time to time. A little CLR can clean them for better water flow.
Water filters don't catch everything.
__________________

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:44 AM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aston, Pa.
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
I'm pretty sure my toilet is not fed from the water heater!
The OP doesn't say age of trailer. If it's new the "saw dust" might be plastic
shavings from when they hole sawed the fill hole in the fresh water tank. Or it might actually be saw dust from cutting faucet mounting holes or pass thru holes in walls while open plumbing lines are laying around.
Anyway it sounds like a happy ending for Frank!

Happy Trails!
Actually your toilet is fed through the hot water heater. My theory is that when your water system is fully under pressure and you flush the toilet the drop in pressure is not fully compensated for from your outside water supply source. Given that there is 10 gallons of water sitting at a higher pressure in your hot water tank the heater back feeds into your cold water supply line carrying any sediment or debris from the decaying anode. This sediment will pulse along each time the toilet is flushed until it gets caught in the screen of the flush valve. Also, the flush valve and the heater are roughly in the same horizontal plane compared to the sinks and the shower. This is why these tend to not get as much sediment as the flush valve. Hope this clears things up.
__________________
Paul S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 04:18 PM   #17
Member
 
borba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Gatineau Quebec Canada
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S. View Post
Actually your toilet is fed through the hot water heater. My theory is that when your water system is fully under pressure and you flush the toilet the drop in pressure is not fully compensated for from your outside water supply source. Given that there is 10 gallons of water sitting at a higher pressure in your hot water tank the heater back feeds into your cold water supply line carrying any sediment or debris from the decaying anode. This sediment will pulse along each time the toilet is flushed until it gets caught in the screen of the flush valve. Also, the flush valve and the heater are roughly in the same horizontal plane compared to the sinks and the shower. This is why these tend to not get as much sediment as the flush valve. Hope this clears things up.
did not now that a few more things to check we learning thanks
frank
__________________

__________________
2015-georgetown 378xl
2013-ford fx4
2009-harley flhx
borba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
water

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.