Old 10-31-2013, 08:56 AM   #11
Knock on wood and in all fairness when DW and I purchased our 2011 330TS used with 4036 miles on it last year it was exactly 1 year old to the day from the original owners purchase date. First owners drove it off the dealer lot straight to Florida. They did not do any warranty repair work on it while there. Owners called the dealer, they wanted to trade in to a Thor 40ft. DP. Made the deal over the phone, DP ordered while they drove back to WNY. So conversely we had a boat load of issues to take care of during the 30 day used warranty or repair before we buy. After an initial incident that they did not replace all bubbled hydraulic lines (thanks forest river forum!) as promised before purchase and a meeting with the dealership owner, we worked closely with the service manager to get all our issues resolved. Now I feel good about my Georgetown whenever we take her out to play.

2011 Georgetown 330TS
RAV4 on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
Just search this forum for posts from me, bought my coach new in 2009, my saga is all here. My wife was less than happy the first year or so, she is just glad that I can fix things myself. We have come to expect a thing or two to break each trip. She now loves the coach and is looking forward to a future upgrade (I hope a few years, but who knows with all the fancy wood grain they have now)....most likely a FR as well, as they did come thru when I asked for specific things.

gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
I felt the same way after we bought our 2012 337xl. Frankly, if I had read the threads prior to the purchase I likely would not have bought one. Funny thing, anyone can view the FR posts, but when I go into Tiffin, I cannot read the posts concerning the Allegro.
I visited the factory this past summer. I have a new appreciation now that I have seen how they do it. After the coach is completed it goes to quality control and they stick little pieces of tape on everything that needs fixed.
I saw a new coach just back from QC and there were dozens of stickers all over, inside and out. They spend a lot of time inspecting and fixing, sure they miss stuff that we owners catch. Most of the issues I have encountered are labor related. QC should be addressed on the floor. Anyone who has worked in a manufacturing environment like me knows how difficult that can be. When the body is assembled there are about 20 technicians in the RV at one time.
I have had my RV for 1 year, have used it about 100 days and 30,000 miles. It has not been in a shop. Although I have had to tighten fittings, and fixed small things. I understand that FR contracts local individual dealerships. If I got no response like something like a converter missing, I would likely sit in the owner's office until one was on the way.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #14
we purchased our 2012 378XL in May of 2012 and we have had a couple minor issues FR and my dealer have stepped up to the plate and fixed these issues. Recently I had an issue and I am out of warranty, however after contacting FR (Steve) he set me up with a dealer and is fixing this other issue we have. FR I believe tries to make things right for the customer, Since I was out of warranty I offered to cover the labor if they would provide the part, and Steve had no part of it. He is covering everything. My opinion that is Customer Service and willingness to step up to the plate. We love the motorhome and have done several improvements (mods). I am a firm believer that you selling dealer makes your experience. Mine has been great and willing to do what is necessary, even though I am 1500 miles away from them. Before anyone buys makes sure the dealer is going to be there after the sale....

Andrew & Donna Reyes
2012 Georgetown 378XL
2015 Ford Taurus
Our Baby Dachshund
ramair is online now   Reply With Quote