Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2016, 02:36 PM   #1

needing more room

looking for input and ideas,,,, we now have a 3170ds class c and are looking for more room. we are looking at a Georgetown 364ts floor plan. love the floorplan but like the finishes better in the xl. we are also considering the tiffin open road. price is about 30000 more for the open road . would really appreaciate input from Georgetown owners thanks
sonny bransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:13 PM   #2

I personally think the Tiffin has a better quality build. But they have had issues too. However, from what I have read on Good Sam MH Forum, Tiffin factory support does a better job of backing their product when there is a quality issue.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:18 PM   #3

We live in Alabama, so when we bought our 337 XL in 2012 we were under some pressure to buy local, so we did a lot of research. Our opinion is that
Tiffin customer service is one of the best in the industry, although from reading the forums at Tiffin it appears that as their production has increased the service has suffered somewhat. The finish and product quality like upholstery, wood, etc. is a little better, but Forest River has some of the best designed floorplans in the business. Our experience is that the XL line tries to provide the nicest RV at the lowest price possible in it's class.
The finish on the Tiffin may be a little superior, it is all what an extra 30k is worth to you.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:22 PM   #4

The 350 and 352 XL's are also bunkhouse models. They don't have the 2 baths, but do have the XL Finishes you like and the basic floor plan you desire.

was there a particular set of features you like about the 364?
Old 02-22-2016, 09:25 PM   #5

We looked at the XL and you don't seem to get much more for the price difference. I certainly appreciated the upgraded dinette with drawer storage, the bigger chassis with big garage doors, and higher ceiling, but was neutral on the ceramic floor. The decor also felt better suited to my grandmother.

The 364TS had a generous array of equipment but what clinched it for us was the great floor plan and 2 full bathrooms. I have 3 lovelies in my life and the teens certainly need their bathroom time.

Everywhere I looked I was either surprised or satisfied with the equipment level. You get a lot of bang for your buck in the 364TS.

I have seen several threads of people agonizing over whether to go with the 351DS (or XL equivalent) or the 364TS. I think everyone of them chose the 364TS.

In terms of quality, I like some things on the Tiffen and some on the Georgetown, but 30K? Tiffin HAD a good service reputation but they seem to be slipping from what I read. Georgetown has a mediocre reputation at best but based on my recent experience they are making a concerted effort to improve that.

In the end it really depends on if you are travelling with kids. If so, 364 all the way. As to quality, I have owned a Starcraft, a Cruisers RV (fantastic product and company by the way), and just got the 364TS, all in the last 4 years. I am tremendously disappointed with the build quality in all these units when compared to current cars. What keeps me sane is thanking of them as projects.

They are all EQUALLY bad. Now that thats out of the way, enjoy your GT should you choose to get one.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:48 AM   #6

we really want king bed and bunkhouse and at least bath and 1/2 . going to red bay this weekend to look at new floorplan tiffin just coming out with. thx for everybodys input...we just sold our home so we will be living in new coach while building new house on our lake property
sonny bransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:11 PM   #7

We compared 3170 to the 364 and it was no comparison. Just brought mine home tonight, drove well.

We also looked side by side at the xl and figured you get most of the upgrades plus the king bed and 2 full baths...just hard to beat that.
JLud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo