Old 04-06-2016, 12:11 AM   #51
Originally Posted by RVnut View Post
So has anyone been able to fix this on their own without a dealer involved.. Will it cause serious damage or cause the slide not to function.. I am asking after our dealership experience.. Their cure was to put velcro starps on to hold the bed hatch down.. We are talking about as dumb as it gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The thread has a couple topics in it now--I'm assuming you're talking about the bed slide-out. As I mentioned previously, this has taken me 3 trips to 2 different dealers to get to this point. The slide seems to be working great now (need to get the cosmetic damage fixed though). It appears to be due to three things:
1. Rollers not properly positioned/installed
2. Floor support above the rollers not sufficient
3. Improper slide-out cable adjustment

If you look earlier in the thread I posted the repair order from the dealer and it looks like quite a job, that would require removing a bunch of panels just to get to the cable adjustment, let alone figuring a way to move/reinforce the rollers without pulling the slide all the way out. It looks like they remove the entire bed box to get to where they can work on the rollers. Since this was the second try for my dealer (Safford RV in VA), I think they must have learned some things from working on other similar issues. Their first attempt was last summer.

The dealer in Sacramento sawed off the bottom of the bed box to reduce the amount of rubbing on the linoleum. They took the bed box apart and played around with it but didn't seem to get it right either (since it was still bumping and ended up damaging the linoleum again).

If you could get the factory folks to help (Travis or Rod) work with your dealer or find you a better one, I think that would be the best way to solve it.

toolman_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:48 AM   #52
I guess we will just hope it dont get any worse.. Ours does not hit the floor so that is good.. I would not want them to tear our coach apart and it dont sound like something I would want to tackle myself

364 Georgetown 2016
in Montana
RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote

bed, bedroom slide, roo, slide