Old 07-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #11
Thanks guys!

I must say, we've been on the road to DC and have camped here & there overnight for 3 nights I type this we're on our last leg to DC, only 4hrs 15min left to if I jump around it's because
I'm looking around so I won't miss anything while traveling. I put a feather-downed mattress topper on my mattress, the one that came with our rig, and it is Heaven! We are sleeping so well. So...after we took our 4th of July trip to the lake with 7 of us, and my husband driving the open roads, he didn't like the way it felt when we went over a bridge and got a good gust of side air/wind nor did he like the feel of when an 18wheeler rig would blow by us either so we had a rear stabilizer & a front sway bar added between this trip and our was a bit costly but my husband says "George" (LOL) is much easier to drive and handle than before, so it was well worth the investment. I don't know personally, because I've not tried to drive it yet. We've gotten "George" up to 75mph and it's been smooth sailing. Speaking of additional inside storage, I also needed a space for pantry type items so I purchased a 3 tier Origami Foldable Kitchen cart from Target $129 that literally collapses and is only 5in thick it has rubber rolling castors that will lock into place & I ordered the storage cover from Amazon for $19.99 that encloses it and it stows nicely below my dinette beneath the kids feet. I purchased (6) 12x16 baskets and store various fruits, snacks, bread, rolls, nuts, etc. I LOVE IT and it gives me more counter space to use. When traveling I just put those baskets up on my countertop. Easy peasy in my opinion. Oh & before you drive off...SECURE YOUR REFEIGERATOR with its rubber bungee cords!!! (Ask me how I learned that lesson&#128513. Depending on how full it is, even with the cords and the twisting and winding of roads it can still be bumped open even while secured, listen for the thump! Ahhhh and unhooking the double-doodie 🚽💩 slinkies is a 2man job...HaHa! Such fun times we have when traveling, sorry maybe that was an overshare! Meanwhile we are absolutely loving our 2 full bathrooms, we've yet to run out of hot water! It's awesome and there's 5 of us showering regularly. I had the Splendide washer/dryer combo installed and I wash 2 loads per day. It's easy to use and if you don't overload it, the clothes aren't wrinkled when you take them out. I'm one of those OCD moms that likes to try to keep up with the laundry but would prefer to do it outside of a public wash house. However, be prepared for the spin/drain's not noisy at all but will rock the camper and all its campers to sleep like a baby's cradle. My kids liked the way it felt and it didn't bother my husband nor I. So far this trips been great..we had one little hiccup where our slides wouldn't come back in, but after using my "magic black box" (my iPhone 6) and looking into the forum, I saw the engine cannot be running, so I turned the ignition off and tried again and the slides came back in! Funny how you learn little things all along the way, that's why it's called an adventure right??? Happy Trails everyone! Loving my big picture window views of the Appalachians👍🏻

SSGTLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:44 PM   #12
when it comes to making up the bunks we cheat.. We just buy the light duty sleeping bags and problem solved.. Add pillow and you are done

RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote