Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2015, 07:06 PM   #1

New 2016 Georgetown 364ts

Woohoo! Just took delivery of our new Georgetown 364ts yesterday, July 3rd. We have graduated from our very first RV, a 2013 Coachman Leprechaun Class C. Although it was nice, it was way too small for 2 adults & 3 teenagers...and definitely had no extra room to take friends or even a small puppy crate for our 2 mini chi's. We're currently on our maiden voyage in our 364ts camping over the 4th of July weekend testing her out. We have a total of 7 people on this trip, my boys had to have their buddies come along with them. Let's just say there's a lot of testosterone up in this RV, so my daughter and I are out of luck...LOL! This RV is great so far! I like that both the driver & passenger seats both spin all the way around for extra living area seating. We've had no mechanical or operational issues yet, I type this holding my breathIt truly does have 2 full bathrooms....meaning 2 showers, 2 toilets, and 2 sinks! It also has (2) separate 6gallon hot water tanks meaning double the hot water reserve!!! We opted for the front dropdown bunk above the driver/passenger, but in manual mode. We could've gotten the hydraulic motor, but the more we thought about it, we knew should it ever malfunction and not lift back up for any reason, it would render the coach undrivable, and that my fellow RV'ers would be a hot mess! The king sized "width" mattress in the master is shorter than a regular one, but we take the large king pillows and pull the mattress out a little bit from the wall & stuff the pillows behind them & problem is solved! Oh, and my sons are both 6ft tall and sleep in the bunk beds without any problems, I had read previous reviews that these bunks ran shorter than on other models, but they work well for us. FYI ladies, the bunks are a serious pain in the butt to make up with sheets and bedding, and the ladder is permanently affixed, therefore not helping the matter at all. I do love that there are 3 slides...one large one that contains the sofa & dinette area, and 2 in the master bedroom in the back (one on each side). However, the main complaint that I still have is that there's not much interior storage. The kitchen cabinets are extremely shallow & not tall enough to double-stack canned goods or even store tall boxes of cereal in (3 teens & their friends, remember), I do however love the interior conventional fullsized microwave above the gas cooktop, and the interior full-sized fridge with ice maker & water in the door, but, the gas oven below leaves a lot to be desired...it also takes away my cherished pots n' pan storage as well. I have to now store all my cookpots, stockpots, skillets, baking sheets, and plastic dishes beneath the dinette seats. All this coming from a womans perspective, mind you The mid-deck bathroom has a microscopic vanity/sink with hardly any underneath storage for towels, toilet tissue, or any other bathroom necessities one might need, however, there is a small shallow medicine cabinet just above the toilet to store shampoo, razors, medicine, etc. In the back bathroom, there's a large cabinet with shelves to store., well, just about anything else you'd want to, however, if you choose to have the combo washer/dryer instead, you will squander away that precious cargo space completely. Where would we keep our indoor linens, towels, beach towels, etc? So, as far as my hubby is concerned, he's a happy camper, no pun intended, and he feels with a little ingenuity and precise strategic planning & organization, we can make the underneath storage work. That's his area, not mine! So, to wrap this up, we have a big RV trip coming up the end of July and it's gonna be a long one...gonna do Washington, DC...all the typical touristy things and be "roughing it smoothly" in our Georgetown! Our adventure awaits, wish us luck!!!

2016 Georgetown 364ts
(3 teenagers & 2 chihuahuas)
SSGTLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:09 PM   #2
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your really liking the new rig. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:39 PM   #3

Congratulations on the new rig! We also quickly learned what a pita the bunks are to make up. Now when our nieces and nephews are sleeping on the bunks we just put the sheets and blankets out and tell them it's up to them to make them up.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:09 AM   #4

Congrats, and welcome!
DarrenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:54 PM   #5

Good luck for many happy miles and welcome!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:19 AM   #6

Very nice. My wife and I were so excited to get our 328TS last year, and just got back from a tour of the great lakes. We're having so much fun and loving our coach. Sounds like you've got a full-house! I'm betting you'll figure out the storage issues quickly.

Have a great time in DC!
States Camped: Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, and Ontario CA.
swiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:25 PM   #7

Glad to hear you like it. Just traded my 2008 Winnie Vista 32k in on a new 364TS. Pick it up Saturday. I hope the coach is as easy to use as the dealer here in Jacksonville was to deal with. If you need a coach around here Dick Gore's has been spectacular so far.
cousin eddie johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:54 PM   #8

We purchased our 364 in May 2015 and love it.

We were also worried about the storage inside. We purchased a plastic shelving unit for about $15 from Wal-Mart that is about 5 feet high, 2 1/2 feet wide, and maybe about 18 inches deep. We then purchased plastic baskets to house some of the pantry type items. When we are on the road, the shelving unit can ride on the bed in the back and the plastic baskets ride in the lower bunk. When we get to camp, we place the shelving unit against the wall next to the dining table seat. Gives us the extra space we thought we would be missing at a very low close and with very little set up time needed.
Browns-Camden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #9

Just FYI, they make convenient sleep sack bedding for bunk beds. Check out places like Amazon.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:34 PM   #10

Woohoo!! Congrats on the new rig and welcome to the Forum!!
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days 2018 24 days 2019 48 days 2020 25 days 2021 6
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #11

Thanks guys!

I must say, we've been on the road to DC and have camped here & there overnight for 3 nights now...as I type this we're on our last leg to DC, only 4hrs 15min left to go...so if I jump around it's because
I'm looking around so I won't miss anything while traveling. I put a feather-downed mattress topper on my mattress, the one that came with our rig, and it is Heaven! We are sleeping so well. So...after we took our 4th of July trip to the lake with 7 of us, and my husband driving the open roads, he didn't like the way it felt when we went over a bridge and got a good gust of side air/wind nor did he like the feel of when an 18wheeler rig would blow by us either so we had a rear stabilizer & a front sway bar added between this trip and our last...it was a bit costly but my husband says "George" (LOL) is much easier to drive and handle than before, so it was well worth the investment. I don't know personally, because I've not tried to drive it yet. We've gotten "George" up to 75mph and it's been smooth sailing. Speaking of additional inside storage, I also needed a space for pantry type items so I purchased a 3 tier Origami Foldable Kitchen cart from Target $129 that literally collapses and is only 5in thick it has rubber rolling castors that will lock into place & I ordered the storage cover from Amazon for $19.99 that encloses it and it stows nicely below my dinette beneath the kids feet. I purchased (6) 12x16 baskets and store various fruits, snacks, bread, rolls, nuts, etc. I LOVE IT and it gives me more counter space to use. When traveling I just put those baskets up on my countertop. Easy peasy in my opinion. Oh & before you drive off...SECURE YOUR REFEIGERATOR with its rubber bungee cords!!! (Ask me how I learned that lesson&#128513. Depending on how full it is, even with the cords and the twisting and winding of roads it can still be bumped open even while secured, listen for the thump! Ahhhh and unhooking the double-doodie 🚽💩 slinkies is a 2man job...HaHa! Such fun times we have when traveling, sorry maybe that was an overshare! Meanwhile we are absolutely loving our 2 full bathrooms, we've yet to run out of hot water! It's awesome and there's 5 of us showering regularly. I had the Splendide washer/dryer combo installed and I wash 2 loads per day. It's easy to use and if you don't overload it, the clothes aren't wrinkled when you take them out. I'm one of those OCD moms that likes to try to keep up with the laundry but would prefer to do it outside of a public wash house. However, be prepared for the spin/drain cycle...it's not noisy at all but will rock the camper and all its campers to sleep like a baby's cradle. My kids liked the way it felt and it didn't bother my husband nor I. So far this trips been great..we had one little hiccup where our slides wouldn't come back in, but after using my "magic black box" (my iPhone 6) and looking into the forum, I saw the engine cannot be running, so I turned the ignition off and tried again and the slides came back in! Funny how you learn little things all along the way, that's why it's called an adventure right??? Happy Trails everyone! Loving my big picture window views of the Appalachians👍🏻
SSGTLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:44 PM   #12

when it comes to making up the bunks we cheat.. We just buy the light duty sleeping bags and problem solved.. Add pillow and you are done
RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown