Old 07-04-2015, 07:06 PM   #1
New 2016 Georgetown 364ts

Woohoo! Just took delivery of our new Georgetown 364ts yesterday, July 3rd. We have graduated from our very first RV, a 2013 Coachman Leprechaun Class C. Although it was nice, it was way too small for 2 adults & 3 teenagers...and definitely had no extra room to take friends or even a small puppy crate for our 2 mini chi's. We're currently on our maiden voyage in our 364ts camping over the 4th of July weekend testing her out. We have a total of 7 people on this trip, my boys had to have their buddies come along with them. Let's just say there's a lot of testosterone up in this RV, so my daughter and I are out of luck...LOL! This RV is great so far! I like that both the driver & passenger seats both spin all the way around for extra living area seating. We've had no mechanical or operational issues yet, I type this holding my breathIt truly does have 2 full bathrooms....meaning 2 showers, 2 toilets, and 2 sinks! It also has (2) separate 6gallon hot water tanks meaning double the hot water reserve!!! We opted for the front dropdown bunk above the driver/passenger, but in manual mode. We could've gotten the hydraulic motor, but the more we thought about it, we knew should it ever malfunction and not lift back up for any reason, it would render the coach undrivable, and that my fellow RV'ers would be a hot mess! The king sized "width" mattress in the master is shorter than a regular one, but we take the large king pillows and pull the mattress out a little bit from the wall & stuff the pillows behind them & problem is solved! Oh, and my sons are both 6ft tall and sleep in the bunk beds without any problems, I had read previous reviews that these bunks ran shorter than on other models, but they work well for us. FYI ladies, the bunks are a serious pain in the butt to make up with sheets and bedding, and the ladder is permanently affixed, therefore not helping the matter at all. I do love that there are 3 large one that contains the sofa & dinette area, and 2 in the master bedroom in the back (one on each side). However, the main complaint that I still have is that there's not much interior storage. The kitchen cabinets are extremely shallow & not tall enough to double-stack canned goods or even store tall boxes of cereal in (3 teens & their friends, remember), I do however love the interior conventional fullsized microwave above the gas cooktop, and the interior full-sized fridge with ice maker & water in the door, but, the gas oven below leaves a lot to be also takes away my cherished pots n' pan storage as well. I have to now store all my cookpots, stockpots, skillets, baking sheets, and plastic dishes beneath the dinette seats. All this coming from a womans perspective, mind you The mid-deck bathroom has a microscopic vanity/sink with hardly any underneath storage for towels, toilet tissue, or any other bathroom necessities one might need, however, there is a small shallow medicine cabinet just above the toilet to store shampoo, razors, medicine, etc. In the back bathroom, there's a large cabinet with shelves to store., well, just about anything else you'd want to, however, if you choose to have the combo washer/dryer instead, you will squander away that precious cargo space completely. Where would we keep our indoor linens, towels, beach towels, etc? So, as far as my hubby is concerned, he's a happy camper, no pun intended, and he feels with a little ingenuity and precise strategic planning & organization, we can make the underneath storage work. That's his area, not mine! So, to wrap this up, we have a big RV trip coming up the end of July and it's gonna be a long one...gonna do Washington, DC...all the typical touristy things and be "roughing it smoothly" in our Georgetown! Our adventure awaits, wish us luck!!!

The A's RV'ing Adventures

2016 Georgetown 364ts
(3 teenagers & 2 chihuahuas)
SSGTLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:09 PM   #2
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your really liking the new rig. Later RJD

2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:39 PM   #3
Congratulations on the new rig! We also quickly learned what a pita the bunks are to make up. Now when our nieces and nephews are sleeping on the bunks we just put the sheets and blankets out and tell them it's up to them to make them up.
2014 Georgetown 351DS

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:09 AM   #4
Congrats, and welcome!
DarrenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:54 PM   #5
Good luck for many happy miles and welcome!
2015 Georgetown 280DS
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:19 AM   #6
Very nice. My wife and I were so excited to get our 328TS last year, and just got back from a tour of the great lakes. We're having so much fun and loving our coach. Sounds like you've got a full-house! I'm betting you'll figure out the storage issues quickly.

Have a great time in DC!
Scott & Lauren
"On the edge of Normal"
2014 Georgetown 328TS
States Camped: Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, and Ontario CA.
swiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:25 PM   #7
Glad to hear you like it. Just traded my 2008 Winnie Vista 32k in on a new 364TS. Pick it up Saturday. I hope the coach is as easy to use as the dealer here in Jacksonville was to deal with. If you need a coach around here Dick Gore's has been spectacular so far.
cousin eddie johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:54 PM   #8
We purchased our 364 in May 2015 and love it.

We were also worried about the storage inside. We purchased a plastic shelving unit for about $15 from Wal-Mart that is about 5 feet high, 2 1/2 feet wide, and maybe about 18 inches deep. We then purchased plastic baskets to house some of the pantry type items. When we are on the road, the shelving unit can ride on the bed in the back and the plastic baskets ride in the lower bunk. When we get to camp, we place the shelving unit against the wall next to the dining table seat. Gives us the extra space we thought we would be missing at a very low close and with very little set up time needed.
Browns-Camden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #9
Just FYI, they make convenient sleep sack bedding for bunk beds. Check out places like Amazon.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:34 PM   #10
Woohoo!! Congrats on the new rig and welcome to the Forum!!

John & Susan, Olivia the dachsaund
2011 Georgetown 337DS
Toad 2003 Dodge Dakota
Hampton Roads VA
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote