Old 11-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
New buyer

Am thinking of purchasing a Georgetown 373DS as our first Class A for fulltiming to begin next spring. Good choice?

Kirby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
My wife an I looked at the 373DS, and one of the deciding factors for us choosing another model was the lack of cupboards and drawers in the kitchen, something she'd be more aware of than I would. As far as a plus for the 373, we were both drawn to the intimate defined area for eating alongside the large windows. We weren't sure about the necessity of the 19" TV......great for the person facing forward, but useless for the other person. Loved the king size bed (we have one at home) but we knew we could get along with a queen. Definately prefer the euro recliners instaed of two sofas. Just our's a personal choice.

kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
Originally Posted by Kirby42 View Post
Am thinking of purchasing a Georgetown 373DS as our first Class A for fulltiming to begin next spring. Good choice?
We traded our 38' 5ver for a Georgetown 378 last December. We are fulltimers have been for 7 years. The first 6 in the 5ver, this past year in the it. I believe its a great MH for a starter. However, we like ours so well, we will hopefully not need another. Enjoy!
betndavrv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #4
We also purchased (first time)the Georgetown 378 because of the large livingroom and storage area. you spend most of your time in the living room and not the bedroom. Were not fulltimers, but we do winter in Florida in our motor home and find it adequate for long time use. Last year we traveled out west for three months and we bacame sold on our floorplan.
We added the washer/dryer, and satellite antenna along with the dual pane windows. The artic package was standard on the 2008s. We also added the 15000 btu A/c in front.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
I can't comment on fulltiming, however I have the 373DS and am extremely happy with it. I have 2 couches rather than the Euro chairs. I like how the floor plan is divided into 3 zones. My wife and I have used it for extended trips and have been comfortable.
2010 373DS
Master Tow with 2008 Nissan Altima
bresdogsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Well, let me begin by saying I am a not a full timer. If I was, I would look at motor homes, but not sure they are what I would want. If you are going to move a lot, they may be the answer. If you are stationary, they may degrade rapidly, and you will need a car to go get groceries and stuff. A motor home can be too big for the supermarket parking lot, and you don't want to move it twice a week to get groceries, (thinking small refer, won't hold a week's worth of groceries). You really don't want to move it for a beer run. Just depends on your style of "full timing". As for the Georgetown, I have no experience, and can't help, but others have answered. As for full timing, washer/dryer, food, adult beverage, permanent, or mobile, not necessarily in that order. Good luck, and wish we could, but we would be on tour.
2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:56 AM   #7
All I can say is, if you like it buy it. We second guess twice and missed out on a great deal. Just make sure the shower is big enough for you and others to use. Dry camping can suck if you need a shower in the morning and you can't fit inside the shower stall.

Chris and Linda
2010 Georgetown 341DS
lottabull54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #8
Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
We are fulltimers and traded our 38ft. Big Horn fifthwheel on our new 2011 378. WE are very happy with it. We've had no problems with the 378 and the huge living area is a big plus. There is less interior storge in the motorhome but more outside storage. So, you just have to figure out where to put things. The stuff that we kept inside the fifthwheel that we don't use as much we keep outside now. The essentials we keep inside. Also, we had a king bed in our fifthwheel and are getting used to sleeping on a queen again. But, there are floorplans with king beds. The 360 is one that comes to mind. Also, love the four door refer in the 378, with water in the door. I think now you can get them with water and ice in the door. Its very good for full timers. One thing I think you'll find in these Georgetowns is that they use very cheap mattresses and you'll probably want to replace the original sooner than later. We got a sleep number matress and like it very much. They are expensive but we are fulltimers and sleep most every night in our rig, its important to be comfortable in bed. Don't worry about the shower size at least on the 378, I am 6'2" and 350 lbs. and fit fine in ours. I would suggest if you're going to fulltime to add the dual pane windows and the full body paint option. They will pay for themselves over time. When you add in the ease of set up and travel these Georgetowns are pretty hard to beat especially for the price. We're very happy with the Ford V-10 too.

Don & Carol Niemeyer and Sandy
2006 Gulf Stream Tour Master Diesel Pusher
2011 Chevy Equinox Toad
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote

« steps | Gen Problem »