Old 11-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
New Coach, New Problems

Me and my wife had a few problems with the MH this week on our vacation. First was the microwave oven, it would run for a minute and then slow down and quit. This happen 3 times before we decided to pull the plug and send it on its way to microwave heaven.
The second problem was a water leak in the bathroom. After taking half the cabinet apart to find the problem (which we never did) we gave up. We think its has something to do we the seal around the gray water tank.
But other than that, we had a great time meeting new people and enjoying the great outdoors.

Chris and Linda
2010 Georgetown 341DS

lottabull54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
Just curious, where were you seeing water that made you believe you had a water leak?

betndavrv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
I had a leak under my sink where the P trap was not tightened enough. I tightened it up and it has been fine so far.
2010 373DS
Master Tow with 2008 Nissan Altima
bresdogsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
Villa Estate 392FLFB
were you running the mic and another major appliance at the same time?
One state/province at a time!
Full Timing - Salem Villa Estate - 392FLFB - Purchased July 29th 2010
The_Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #5
We were seeing the water on the floor under the lavatory by the cabinet. We first thought it may be from the shower but the wood was dry on that side of the cabinet. We ran water for a few minutes and nothing showed up. The wood next to the toilet was wet and the toilet is not leaking. I'm going to cut out some wood this weekend in the cabinet and try and find the problem.
The microwave was the only appliance running at the time. It would run for about 2 or 3 minutes and then stop. We would unplug it and wait about 30 minutes and then plug it by in. It would run fine and then start doing the same thing.

Chris and Linda Lindsay
Old 11-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #6
I hope you find your leak and the microwave should still be under warranty. I hate to say but most of all of us have had issues with coaches and trailers coming out of the factory. Its not just Forest River, our Montana had its issues too. There were things I had to fix in our Gergetown too. Most were minor and the rest was taken care by our dealer. The problem is quality control, its just not there in both cases. We also had a leak under the sink but tighening the lines fixed it. In addition we had to replace the ground fault plug the first day we got it home. And Forest River replaced two of the jacks because of leaks. For the price, its still a good motor home.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #7
I have decided to try and fix as much as I can on our MH. The dealers are backed up and can't get it in right now. My first thing is to call Magic Chef and find out what I can do on getting the microwave replaced. If someone out there has that info please pass it on to me.
Forest River in my opinion does make a great product. The only thing that is sad is that the dealer leave you hanging. I have been waiting on parts to show up for a month now on warranty work that was needed when we bought the coach. All I get is, the parts will be in soon. We asked if the parts were coming by horse and wagon.

Chris and Linda