Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2016, 10:41 AM   #1

New drying rack

I got my new Stromberg Carlson CL-36 Extend-A-Line from RvUpgrades for $73.28 USD. They offer free shipping for orders over $100 or more, so I ordered 2 Blue Streaks as well.

I am happy to report that the most difficult part of the installation was getting it out of the box. It mounted it to my ladder by tightening a single knob. The arms deployed easily and it has a nice system to keep them in place at the desired spacing.

Stowing is a breeze. Close the arms by lifting and swinging them to the end, use the attached velcro wraps to secure them together, then loosen the knob to remove the unit. It stows or installs in under a minute and I find the velcro straps a really nice touch that allows clean stowing.

The rack is a little on the heavy side but that sturdiness is necessary to support wet clothes and towels. It sure beats stringing lines and using awning arms to dry my families stuff!

[IMG][/IMG]

Be sure you have about 50" of storage to stow it. I ended up having to use a pass through. They have a shorter model with 30" arms instead of the 40" if that is a problem. If you don't have a ladder, Stromberg Carlson offers different mount options.

Although I cannot confirm durability as of yet, I highly recommend this product.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:55 AM   #2

I ordered the same rack. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Looking forward to having a good place to hang wet clothes and towels at the beach this year. On our old travel trailer we had the bumper mounted clothes line that I loved. I was sad that I could not use it on our Georgetown. Hope it works as well as expected.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:14 AM   #3

They should have designed the ladder mount so that it would swivel up 90 degrees so you could then strap the arms to the ladder for stowing.

Bruce
Old 06-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
They should have designed the ladder mount so that it would swivel up 90 degrees so you could then strap the arms to the ladder for stowing.

Bruce
I disagree for a few reasons:

1) It could easily be stolen
2) Removal takes less than 1 minute
3) It's weight might unnecessarily stress the ladder
4) It might get in the way of a bike rack
5) I only use it once in a while
6) Exposure might degrade the chrome
6) Most importantly, road grime would have to be cleaned every time you wanted to use it
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote