Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #21

We just purchased a 35' Georgetown GT5 and love it. Big up grade from our prior 22' class C Thor.
John.Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Debbie View Post
We just purchased a 35' Georgetown GT5 and love it. Big up grade from our prior 22' class C Thor.
I'm so glad to hear you like it! I keep reading horror stories and I'm getting nervous! We just sold our 2018 5th wheel that was 36ft. We had it 18mo.
It left yesterday and we were both sad. We loved it but wanted to try an A class.
KWhite2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #23

2017 Georgetown

We bought a new Georgetown last fall and used it 2 times. It leaked one time but we didn't think much of it. Thought it was condensation. Covered it up for winter. When we took the cover off and it rained, it leaks something awful. We have had it in the shop twice. It is still under warranty so now we will take it back to Campers inn in Pittsburgh. We live in WV and quite a drive for us. Was there a recall on the roof of the Georgetown? They first said they can't take it until June but now they did say they can take it next week and were we not notified of the recall. No we were not or they would have had it last winter. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem
Thank you,
Bulltown Camper.
Bulltown Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulltown Camper View Post
We bought a new Georgetown last fall and used it 2 times. It leaked one time but we didn't think much of it. Thought it was condensation. Covered it up for winter. When we took the cover off and it rained, it leaks something awful. We have had it in the shop twice. It is still under warranty so now we will take it back to Campers inn in Pittsburgh. We live in WV and quite a drive for us. Was there a recall on the roof of the Georgetown? They first said they can't take it until June but now they did say they can take it next week and were we not notified of the recall. No we were not or they would have had it last winter. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem

Thank you,

Bulltown Camper.

Yes, there is a recall and when I bought mine I couldn’t pick it up till I had the roof recall addressed, you definitely fall in that category to have the recall!!
Bubbajh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #25

Hi!!
We brought home our GT5 last week and started loading up last weekend.
We are finding out that we have less basement space than we had on our toyhauler 5th wheel.
I have a question though.
Can I see a photo of your trailer hooked up? We were noticing how high it looked. It is leveled with the jacks so it may be a bit higher than normal right now.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #26

Sorry one more question.
Did you put any kind of bumper where the door hits the awning arm? It bugs me that it hits!
Old 04-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhite2018 View Post
Sorry one more question.
Did you put any kind of bumper where the door hits the awning arm? It bugs me that it hits!

Be careful with that door. The shaft pulls out of the step very easy. One windy day and someone not holding the door it’ll pull it right out. I’ve replaced mine and redrilled the holes multiple times. A bumper would be good to add to the arm.
Walte1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:49 AM   #28

Quote:
Hi!!
We brought home our GT5 last week and started loading up last weekend.
We are finding out that we have less basement space than we had on our toyhauler 5th wheel.
I have a question though.
Can I see a photo of your trailer hooked up? We were noticing how high it looked. It is leveled with the jacks so it may be a bit higher than normal right now.

I’ll send one Friday , that trailer only had 13” wheels, I bought a new one with 15” wheels due to that one was low
Old 04-17-2018, 11:08 AM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Sorry one more question.
I put a stick on rubber bumper on the awning arm just in case it gets away from me. It's usually one of the kids that come out and won't hang on to the door as they open it. Get a handful of the ends and keep them handy. I've replaced mine at least 3x.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:26 PM   #30

Never had that issue but I’ve only made one trip in mine, I’m going this weekend though and will check it out
Old 04-17-2018, 01:29 PM   #31

Well, we camp in the desert because we ride and it gets pretty windy out there!
Thanks for the heads up!
I will definitely it stuck on bumper pads. We use them s lot in our house and in campers for cupboards. Our family is rough on things.
I just bought baskets at the dollar store for cups and plates. I’m still trying to organize kitchen stuff. Definitely less room then 5th wheel.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajh View Post
I’ll send one Friday , that trailer only had 13” wheels, I bought a new one with 15” wheels due to that one was low

Thank you!!! Please let us know what you learn on this trip! We go out Mother’s Day weekend .

We are taking a rv driving course this Friday.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:04 AM   #33

Quote:
Thank you!!! Please let us know what you learn on this trip! We go out Mother’s Day weekend .

We are taking a rv driving course this Friday.

Wind was blowing a lot and my door does not even come close to awning it stops
Old 04-24-2018, 09:22 AM   #34
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Wind was blowing a lot and my door does not even come close to awning it stops

Wait until the gas strut pulls out of its end cap. It’s a matter of when, not if. [emoji16]
Old 04-24-2018, 09:33 AM   #35

All RV's are going to have issues. What do you expect from something traveling down the road moving and navigating rough roads and terrain. Just do your preventative maintenance and enjoy life. Remember it's not a fixed home but a MOBILE home. Life is a journey, enjoy it.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:36 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by John.Debbie View Post
All RV's are going to have issues. What do you expect from something traveling down the road moving and navigating rough roads and terrain. Just do your preventative maintenance and enjoy life. Remember it's not a fixed home but a MOBILE home. Life is a journey, enjoy it.

Correct, everyone I talk to say it takes at least a year if not more to fix all the bugs, I am lucky, I live 2 miles from my dealer and they even offer to pick up or deliver to me for any issues
Old 04-24-2018, 09:38 AM   #37

Quote:
Correct, everyone I talk to say it takes at least a year if not more to fix all the bugs, I am lucky, I live 2 miles from my dealer and they even offer to pick up or deliver to me for any issues
[emoji1]
Old 04-24-2018, 01:05 PM   #38
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
My coach has never seen the dealer once we pulled off the lot. Not to say that we wouldn't take it there, just haven't had anything really go wrong. FR did a slide frame rebuild and adjustment at their discretion in Goshen, but it wasn't anything that I had noticed. Minor things like blind brackets and the such, I've done myself.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:55 PM   #39

Little common sense can fix most anything.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:44 PM   #40

How was your weekend trip @Bubbajh?

Tags
georgetown