Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #1

New Georgetown

Hello All
New to the boards & new to class A. I just recently upgraded from a flagstaff TT to the Georgetown 351DS. We haven't made any trips yet but looking forward. Any advice or tips are eagerly welcomed.

Mr. G
MrGrmpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 03:15 PM   #2

Get out and Go! As with your TT it gets easier every trip. Good Luck!

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 03:27 PM   #3

Anything specific you are looking for? We have had ours for about a year, it's been a great coach.

Get a new mattress - the stock one is awful
You can store brooms and mops behind the bedroom door (just slide it out, put them in and close it again.)
A sewer pipe holder made out of a 5x5 fencepost and some plastic gutter can be placed above the propane tank to keep it out of a compartment
Don't forget to strap the fridge closed before driving (if you have the residential)
A portable space heater is a great alternative to the furnace (if you are hooked up)
LED lights are a great addition (there were some standard and we changed out some)
Make sure to leave the engine running (or start it) when raising or lowering the stabilizing jacks
Get a new showerhead - the oxygenics one is great, and they even have a newer one that I think is fabulous!!!
TPMS - get one if you don't have it (TST 507 is a good one)
You can turn both the driver and passenger seats 180 degrees - the lever is on the right side of both chairs. You may have to lean it forward to get it spun around the steering wheel, but they will both turn (if you have the barrel chair option behind the passenger, I don't think it will work, but euro chair that you can move, yes)

That's all off the top of my head - let me know if you have something specific.

This is a great forum for getting information.

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 04:39 PM   #4

Had to get front end aligned on our new 2014 GT 360. Got it pre-approved by Forest River. They sent reimbursement check. Alignment was WAY off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #5

Which oxygenics genius is good chris?
daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #6

Lol oxygenics shower head I mean
Old 08-05-2015, 07:12 PM   #7

Camp in the yard and test everything out to make sure it works and to get familiar with everything.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:23 PM   #8

Make a checklist of everything that needs to be done before driving off.
You never know when you may forget something.
Checklist like rolling up the awning, raising the levelers, lowering the antenna, lowering the vent covers, locking things down and what ever you may need to do before driving off.
And most of all remember to have fun and forget what you left behind.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddio View Post
Lol oxygenics shower head I mean
that was funny.

It's this one - the Fury handheld.

» Fury™ RV Handheld Oxygenics

We had the other one first (see below) and while it was better than the OEM one, the Fury is better.

» BodySpa w/ SmartPause® Oxygenics

We picked it up at Camping World because we were there - I haven't seen it on Amazon yet either.

The RV version of the fury has a flow control switch on the back of the showerhead, the regular version does not.

Took about 5 minutes to install - just unscrewed the old one and the hose, and attached the new one to the spigot.

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
Old 08-06-2015, 04:46 PM   #10

Very good thanks Chris!
Old 08-06-2015, 06:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud yapster View Post
Camp in the yard and test everything out to make sure it works and to get familiar with everything.
We spend a weekend every spring in a Corps of Engineering camp ground getting everything ready, price is right, clea...OPS I forgot we can't discuss the Corps of Eng... I better quit now...Sorry
Old 08-06-2015, 08:00 PM   #12

We are loving our 351DS that we've only had a couple months. If you get the Low Voltage warning on the leveling jacks just give it a little gas and get the RPMs up to about 1,000 and that seems to do the trick.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:44 AM   #13

Thanks for the responses. I picked the unit up a few days ago in Oklahoma City and driving it back to The Atlanta area, currently in Memphis. I appreciate the tips. I spent just at 5 hrs going over the unit with the tech. I found some minor issues they fixed on the spot but nothing major. The roads in Oklahoma are terrible so I didn't get a chance to see this on the drive until I got out on smooth interstate, about 3-400 miles. I noticed it pulls hard to the right as if it needs an alignment.
Sbryant-how did you get your alignment covered under warranty?

I did notice with the large front window that every bug from a 1/2 mile away is attracted to come there to die. Most of the big travel centers have the large extended window scrubbers but some only have the small car ones. Do you have your own you cary? If so, what type?

I will say being a first timer Motor Home driver the thing is a little intimidating when maneuvering into gas stations etc. it took me a few hundred miles to get comfortable.

Thanks
Mr. G
Old 08-07-2015, 10:10 AM   #14

You need to call Georgetown warranty as soon as you get home and tell them the front end needs to be realigned. My rep is Kevin Stratton. I call him, and he calls me back the next day. He should give you the approval right on the phone. You'll have to find a vendor to do the work and pay for it then submit the invoice to them. They will send you a check to pay you back. Where are you in Alabama?
Old 08-07-2015, 10:11 AM   #15

Oh I see you're in Atlanta. You shouldn't have any problem finding a vendor.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:28 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbryant View Post
You need to call Georgetown warranty as soon as you get home and tell them the front end needs to be realigned. My rep is Kevin Stratton. I call him, and he calls me back the next day. He should give you the approval right on the phone. You'll have to find a vendor to do the work and pay for it then submit the invoice to them. They will send you a check to pay you back. Where are you in Alabama?
" Georgetown warranty as soon as you get home and tell them the front end needs to be
Edit: aligned, it's NEVER been aligned.
realigned. "
Old 08-07-2015, 12:29 PM   #17

I know this has been posted, but whom do we call and what us the number to request alignment to be covered under warranty??

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
DennyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrmpy View Post

I did notice with the large front window that every bug from a 1/2 mile away is attracted to come there to die. Most of the big travel centers have the large extended window scrubbers but some only have the small car ones. Do you have your own you cary? If so, what type?
That is the best quote ever, and I TOTALLY agree. We bought our own extendable scrubber to use when it gets bad. Amazon.com is a great place to find one. We have this one, but there are multiple others. The rubber part isn't awesome (I think it's more a factor of the angle and pressure once you extend the handle) but the bug scrubber is good.

Amazon.com: Mr. LongArm 8936 3'-6' Extension Bug Squeegee with Pole: Automotive

Sounds like you are having a good time so far!!!!

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
Old 08-09-2015, 07:35 PM   #19

so far on the front end alignment I'm being told they will find a Ford dealership in the area to do an alignment. I'll keep my fingers crossed on see how it goes. So far the dealership has been outstanding at answering questions & looking into warranty issues for me…

I washed it for the first time today, no wax yet…. just ordered. But I hand dried it.. WOW…it's big alloy of up & down the ladder… My wife thought I was crazy but no water spots….

Mr. G
Old 08-15-2015, 02:02 PM   #20

The front end alignment is right on, and don't forget the CHF (Cheap Handling fix). Find the thread on this site and do it right away. You will find significant handling improvement and you will be more relaxed at the end of the day of driving.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown